Maine is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States of America. It is the northernmost portion of both New England and the eastern United States. The state is known for its scenery — it's jagged, mostly rocky coastline, its low, rolling mountains, and its heavily forested interior — as well as for its seafood cuisine, especially lobsters and clams.
It was also the home state of reporter Deadline Dawson, a friend of boy detective Terry Vance. Deadline's father Bull Dawson ran a lumber camp that provided paper to the newspaper that employed his son. In 1941, both Deadline and Terry Vance helped protect his father's logging camp from acts of sabotage carried out by a rival logging company and Nazi spies.
In 1954, at the height of the Cold War, the United States government began experimenting with chemical warfare from a secret facility located somewhere in Maine. When it was infiltrated by communist spies seeking to obtain a sample of the deadly Virus X, the Human Torch and Toro prevented the virus from being stolen.
Points of Interest
- Bar Harbor
- Carmody Institute
- Damarus Cove Islands
- Harrow's Point
- New Orgonon
- Point Promontory
- Malevolence: Malevolence is the name of a coastal community in Northern Maine. It is the site of the old Clandestine Lighthouse and the base of operations for the cult known as Demon-Fire. Michael Morbius once visited here and fought against the cult leader Blood-Tide, whom he revealed to be the mother of his close friend Amanda Saint.
- 107 appearance(s) of Maine (State)
- 5 minor appearance(s) of Maine (State)
- 10 mention(s) of Maine (State)
- 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Maine (State)
- 3 image(s) of Maine (State)
- 28 article(s) related to Maine (State)