- You're going to burst inside that suit when this hits you. They're going to have to pour you out.
- -- Mallen src
Mallen's parents were killed in a shootout with the FBI over weapons violations. He grew up bitter, aligning himself with a small cell of domestic terrorists. They were given the Extremis virus by Dr. Maya Hansen. Mallen took it and emerged as a superhuman threat after the incubation period.
Mallen attacked the Houston FBI branch. Soon after he was confronted by Iron Man. He badly injured Stark and then set out to kill the US leaders in Washington DC. He briefly stopped to talk with a protester, and ended up murdering her over her views.
Mallen was intercepted outside by Iron Man, he himself having taken Extremis. Mallen was defeated but refused to give up, forcing Iron Man to kill him, blowing up his head with his repulsors. Even after which his then-headless body began to get up, falling down shortly afterwards.
Mallen's powers were the result of the Extremis virus, a "robotic microsurgery" experimental drug created at the Futurepharm Corporation, which gave him the following abilities:
- Superhuman Strength: Mallen's strength was increased to superhuman levels, providing him enough strength to toss cars and people with relative ease, break someone's skull with a single punch, counter Iron Man's superhuman physical blows, breaking Iron Man's bones with ease through the suit, ripping the highly-durable suit apart without effort, and even using the "blade" of a bulldozer as a blunt force object.
- Superhuman Speed: Mallen's running speed was clocked by the military at 300mph. It is unknown if this was his top speed, but he was shown crossing multiple states at this speed.
- Superhuman Stamina: The nanobots provided Mallen with almost unlimited stamina, with no need to eat, drink or breathe air.
- Superhuman Durability: Mallen had greater resistance to physical injury than an ordinary human. He was able to withstand bullet impacts and direct fire of Repulsor Blasts without feeling pain, at a potency higher than which a Repulsor Blast needs to have to cut through metal, only suffering minor wounds. Iron Man's uni-beam only caused him great discomfort without injury.
- Healing Factor: Extremis-enhanced beings can also regenerate from injuries at a very high speed.
- Fire-Breathing: At his discretion, Mallen's lungs fill with fire plasma which he exhales through his mouth. He was shown torching a lobby full of people through this method.
- Claw-like pincers: Mallen can unsheathe stings from his fingertips. They are very durable, and in conjunction with his super-strength, Mallen was shown clawing through a converter box.
- Electrical discharge: Mallen was able to discharge extremely powerful electrical currents through his hands which seemed to emanate from his chest through his arms.
Superhuman strength due to being enhanced by Extremis
- 6 Appearances of Mallen (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Mallen (Earth-616)
- Media Mallen (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Mallen (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mallen (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Mallen (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|