The original Mandarin was said to be a warrior-king who "inspired countless of men since the middle ages," or probably even before.
The most recent man with this title was the secret leader of the terrorist group the Ten Rings. Indeed he was presumed to be a myth by even the most politically aware. After British actor Trevor Slattery impersonated him as part of a plot by Aldrich Killian, Ten Rings member Jackson Norriss abducted Slattery from the Seagate prison, for the actor to "meet" the Mandarin.
Based on a comment said by Jackson Norriss, it seems this Mandarin does possess ten rings of some description.
- Tony Leung will portray the Mandarin in the upcoming film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
- The Mandarin was considered to appear in Marvel's The Avengers in the post-credits scene as a tease for the Chinese market, but Beijing's development team shot down the idea as they didn't want the first Chinese character of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be a villain.
- 1 appearance(s) of Mandarin (Earth-199999)
- 1 mention(s) of Mandarin (Earth-199999)
- 2 image(s) of Mandarin (Earth-199999)