Appearing in "You Are Cordially Invited to the Hellfire Gala"
- Hellfire Trading Company (Main story and flashforward)
- Red Queen (Kate Pryde)
- Black King (Sebastian Shaw)
- White Queen (Emma Frost) (Main story and flashforward)
- Red Bishop (Lucas Bishop)
- Black Bishop (Shinobi Shaw)
- White Bishop (Christian Frost)
- Fenris / Black Knights
- White Knight (Callisto)
- Avengers (Main story and flashforward)
- Hulk (Jennifer Walters) (Main story and flashforward)
- Blade (Eric Brooks) (Main story and flashforward)
- Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) (Possessed by an unnamed Spirit of Vengeance)
- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
- Thor (Odinson)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Main story and flashforward)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Main story and flashforward)
- Black Panther (King T'Challa)
- Tempo (Heather Tucker)
- Fantastic Four
- Alicia Masters
- Powerhouse (Franklin Richards)
- Brainstorm (Valeria Richards)
- Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom)
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier)
- Banshee (Sean Cassidy)
- Rhapsody (Rachel Argosy)
- Delores Ramirez
- Unnamed Shi'ar ambassador
- New Mutants
- Cannonball (Sam Guthrie)
- Guardian (Mac Hudson)
- Kyle Jinadu
- Northstar (Jean-Paul Beaubier)
- Jumbo Carnation
- Ned (A.I.M.)
- Unnamed Brazilian ambassador (Only in flashforward)
- United Nations Ambassadors (Main story and flashforward)
- Homines Verendi
- Henry P. Gyrich
- Unidentified security guards
- Unidentified civilians in New York
- Dazzler (Ali Blaire)
- Krakoa (Mentioned)
- Meredith Salenger (First appearance) (Cameo)
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Patton Oswalt (First appearance)
- Several unidentified party attendees
- Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner)
- Penance (Monet St. Croix)
- Lady Gloriana (Meggan Braddock)
- Wolverine (Laura Kinney)
- Aunt Petunia Grimm (Mentioned)
- Jimmy Kimmel
- Run the Jewels (First appearance)
- Killer Mike (First appearance)
- El-P (First appearance)
- Shi'ar Empire (Mentioned)
- Colossus (Piotr Rasputin)
- Conan O'Brien (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Megan Rapinoe (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Prince Harry (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Seth Meyers (Cameo)
- Heather Hudson (Mentioned)
- Sarah Rogers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Mutants (Main story and flashforward)
- Humans (Main story and flashforward)
- Human-Vampire Hybrids (Main story and flashforward)
- Human-Kree Hybrids
- Earth (Main story and flashforward)
- North Atlantic (Main story and flashforward)
- Denmark (Main story and flashforward)
- United States of America
- Moscow, Russia (Mentioned)
- Latveria (Mentioned)
- Brazil (Mentioned) (Only in flashforward)
- War Mitten
- Flowers of Krakoa
- Hellfire Gala's ticket flowers
- Blade's Sword
- Captain Marvel's Suit
- Captain America's Uniform and Shield
- Iron Man Armor Model 70
- Panther Habit
- Fantastic Four Uniforms
- Doctor Doom's Armor
- * Cloak of Levitation and the Eye of Agamotto
- Several ships and spaceships
Synopsis for "You Are Cordially Invited to the Hellfire Gala"
Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde gaze out over Hellfire Bay as ships begin to arrive. She comments that they have a lot riding on this gala, as the friends and enemies on Earth are watching, as well as their neighbors beyond the Earth.
At the New York gate, the Avengers have gathered and prepare to enter the portal. Tempo emerges and gives them all flowers, their tickets to the gala and any after-parties they might have been invited to. The guests begin to arrive, including allies such as the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, and enemies such as Doctor Doom and the ambassadors from the UK and Russia.
Professor X emerges to welcome the Fantastic Four. He welcomes Reed and comments that he wasn't sure he would accept their invitation after their last meeting. Reed answers that his kids wanted to come, so he made time, and also because he has something to tell him. He whispers his message to Xavier and walks away with a grim look on his face.
Emma telepathically welcomes guests to what she promises will be the first of many Hellfire Galas, surprising Beast, who had thought this was a one-time thing. For the evening's first bit of entertainment, Rhapsody plays a living instrument grown on Krakoa while Marvel Girl and the Stepford Cuckoos telepathically project the experience of playing an instrument as a master to the crowd. Most of the crowd is delighted, but Doctor Doom resists the telepathic intrusion and Ambassador Brousseau dismisses it as a cheap stunt, before he is snatched away by the Russian ambassador to mingle with guests from the Verendi.
On the terrace, a group of mutants and Ned are rolling dice when the Thing barges in to join them. Banshee approaches Emma, who tells him she is grateful that he accepted her invitation. As Banshee responds that he received both of them and begins to excuse himself, Emma cuts him off and tells him not to give her any bad news tonight, before quickly departing to defuse a tense stare-down between Captain America and Doctor Doom. Emma questions Doom's refusal to normalize relations with Krakoa and jokingly tells him that he's acting as if mutants have conquered the Earth. Just as she says this, she is interrupted by a delegate from the Shi'ar Empire who congratulates mutantdom for conquering their home planet, causing Doom to burst into laughter as an embarrassed Emma takes him aside. The delegate tells her that the shipment she ordered from the Empire has arrived. She asks Christian to accompany the envoy to his ship to sort out the gift, telepathically telling him that she has no idea what the envoy is talking about.
Shinobi arrives to warn Emma on behalf of Sebastian of plans their enemies are making at the gala, but she dismisses him, answering that if their enemies are improved during the evening, then so are the mutants. As Brousseau conspires with the ambassadors of Madripoor and Russia, he suggests introducing them to like-minded ambassadors.
Reading Wilhelmina Kensington's mind, the Cuckoos decide to help her. They use their powers to make her remember something.
The guests continue to mingle and Emma gives a speech to her closest associates, declaring that she hopes that after tonight, there will be no need for a black market for their medicines, as Shaw mutters that at this rate they'll only have a black market.
A few minutes after midnight, the guests are all leaving highly distressed. The ambassadors of the U.S. and Russia quickly leave to speak to their respective governments, as the ambassador of Brazil comments to Emma that what they've done tonight will galvanize humanity to confront the mutant threat like never before.
Illyana Rasputina asks Doctor Strange what he thought of the party; he tells her that he needs time to reflect. Cyclops asks Captain America what he thought, and Steve responds by asking if Scott knew about what just happened when they met a few days prior. Scott responds that he had an inkling, but wasn't sure. Steve shakes his hand, and tells him that they solved one big problem but that he's worried they've made an even bigger mess. He leaves, telling Scott that he hopes they all know what they're doing.
Appearing in "Out with the Old"
- Hellfire Club
- Hellfire Club
- Project Armageddon
Races and Species:
- Hades (Invoked)
- Christmas (Referenced)
Synopsis for "Out with the Old"
WELCOME TO THE HELLFIRE GALA!
The Hellfire Trading Company has put together the biggest event of the season – the very first HELLFIRE GALA! Everyone will be there – all your favorite mutants, their closest allies…even their worst enemies – for a night of dinner, drinks, diplomacy and deceit. Fireworks to follow. Plus: From the archives, a classic X-Men tale with our very first look at a Hellfire Gala by Chris Claremont and John Bolton!
- Kate Pryde affectionately greets Franklin Richards. They have shared a bond since Fantastic Four vs. the X-Men.
- Franklin fears that Kate will be disappointed or angry with him. He recently learned that he was not a mutant.
- Franklin glares when Xavier greets him as a "human friend". Xavier banned Franklin from again visiting Krakoa—where he enjoyed being with other mutants his age—after the aforementioned revelation.
- Xavier alludes to his and Reed and Sue Richards's disagreement over Franklin's future in X-Men / Fantastic Four (Vol. 2), before the adults learned of the boy's true nature.
- The Thing insists on joining the illicit dice game. He often hosts or participates in the Floating Super-Hero Poker Game.
- James Hudson alludes to the impact the superhero lifestyle has had on his marriage to Heather.
- The flashforward shows the gala's attendees leaving, all appearing stunned by or aghast at the events of Planet-Size X-Men #1.
- Illyana asks Strange what he thought of the party. They have known each other since she was a child,, and she became his pupil in Uncanny X-Men (Vol. 3) #7.
|Like this? Let us know!|