Maria Petrova (Russian: Мария Петрова) grew up in modern day Moscow and from a young age, demonstrated a natural gift for dancing. She became the youngest prodigy at the Imperial Russian Ballet where her skill, sensitivity, and discipline were far beyond that of most professionals. As a teenager she starred in several productions and became a world renowned icon of dance. At the tender age of 15, on the opening night of her lead role in Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake in Los Angeles, Maria was in a terrible car accident. An earthquake struck an elevated highway that collapsed instantly, killing her parents and leaving her paralyzed. She would never dance or walk again. Retreating into seclusion, she grew angry at the loss of her family and her stolen dreams. To her, life was a cruel joke. She hated the world.
Across the planet, Roekel, was in search of a nimble and young test subject. He had created a seismic accelerator that would allow its possessor to create localized geological aftershocks, but the device required precise control to be able to master it. Only someone who had amazing muscle memory and control could use it. He had read about Maria and sent his recruiters to convince her to join his top secret program.
Roekel offered to return Maria's ability to walk. He promised to replace her atrophied muscles and damaged nerves with cybernetics. It was an offer she could not refuse. At the same time Roekel attached his seismic weapon through her nervous system and taught her how to control its terrible power. Maria quickly mastered her new-found weapon. She enjoyed possessing a fantastic destructive power. It was a way she could get back at the world.
Earthquake Generation: She has the ability to create very powerful, localized earthquakes through the use of the seismic accelerator apparatus grafted onto her entire body.
Super Speed: Thanks to her cybernetic legs, Fault Zone is capable of running and moving at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete.
Superhuman Strength: Due to the cybernetics in her legs, her legs are stronger than the finest human athlete's.
Due to her above average dancing skills, Fault Zone is extremely agile and strong.
Seismic accelerator needles and cybernetic legs.
- Fault Zone (Maria Petrova) is a fictional character created by Electronic Arts, in conjunction with Marvel Comics, in their first attempt to bring Marvel heroes to a video game platform, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.
- No other material has been developed for Fault Zone or the rest of the Imperfects since the release of Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects.
- 6 Appearances of Maria Petrova (Earth-50701)
- Minor Appearances of Maria Petrova (Earth-50701)
- Media Maria Petrova (Earth-50701) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Maria Petrova (Earth-50701)
- 1 Quotations by or about Maria Petrova (Earth-50701)
- Character Gallery: Maria Petrova (Earth-50701)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|