Appearing in 1st story
- Unnamed Hydra test subject
Races and Species:
- Ant-Man's Suit
- Ant-Man's Helmet
- Pym Particles (Mentioned)
- Memory Suppression Device (First appearance chronologically)
Synopsis for 1st story
At his shrunken size, Dr. Hank Pym encounters a vicious guard dog while attempt to cross the "death strip" of the Berlin Wall, and detonates a "German antipersonnel device" in order to escape. On the other side of the Wall, Pym follows the coordinates that Stark gave to him before encountering a wasp which he uses as for transportation.
He soon locates the radicals' base of operation, easily bypassing a pair of guards to enter a room and return to his normal size. He discovers plans for "some of Hydra's old memory suppression experiments" before hearing screams which he follows to find a room containing a functioning machine with a man loaded inside, screaming in agony. A Hydra agents orders the test stopped and asks the subject if he is ready for duty; the man responds that he is, announcing his loyalty to Hydra. Moments later, the man begins to regain his memory and screams for help, and the Hydra agent orders the man's mind wiped again.
Pym shrinks again and enters the room, using his tiny size to psychologically torment the Hydra agent before beginning to destroy the machinery; he then frees the test subject and distracts the Hydra agents before momentarily returning to normal size and attacking them. He then shrinks again and flees on the wasp as additional Hydra agents arrive.
Back at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Research & Development Lab, Pym explains that he destroyed the plans for the memory suppression technology, and Stark insists that the Berlin operation was Pym's last field assignment. Pym disagrees, however, insisting that "there's important work to be done in the field that only the Particle can handle," and that "the only way S.H.I.E.L.D. gets the Pym Particle is with a Pym operating it."
GET READY FOR MARVEL’S NEXT SMASH HIT MOVIE WITH THIS OFFICIAL PREQUEL!
• Before Scott Lang becomes Marvel’s shrinking sensation, Dr. Hank Pym will pull on the helmet and leap into action on a death-defying mission that takes him into the icy heart of Cold War East Berlin!
- The memory suppression device that was shown in the Hydra lab was eerily similar in design to the modified one used on the Winter Soldier in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, suggesting Hydra eventually reconstructed the device, even though Hank Pym destroyed the blueprints.
|Like this? Let us know!|