- I will survive, and I will serve. For I am Nebula.
- -- Nebula
Appearing in 1st story
- Nebula (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Gamora (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Thanos (First appearance chronologically) (Voice) (Main story and flashback)
- Archaeological survey teams
- Ronan the Accuser (Mentioned)
- Korath the Purser (First appearance historically) (Voice) (Main story and flashback)
- Praxius IX (First appearance)
- Cloud Tombs of Praxius (First appearance)
- Dervani (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Orex II Gravity Well (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Praxius IX (First appearance)
- The Orb (Mentioned)
Synopsis for 1st story
The story opens with Nebula falling from space into Praxius IX. She then engages an ablative force-field. She commands her ship to engage and O.E.S. (Omni-enviro skinsuit) cryo system, but her ship tells her that O.E.S. overload is imminent. She yells the command again, but then she is scorched by fire.
She remembers her time on Dervani, where she trained to be a galaxy-class killer along with Gamora. Ronan gave them instructions to be the first to retrieve a data ingot from a high canopy. Gamora seems to be quicker than Nebula, but Gamora stops to tell Nebula that catching her wasn't the prize, instead the prize is the point. Gamora then goes on to reiterate that all that matters is who gets to the high canopy first, but before Gamora can finish her sentence, Nebula attacks her. The two combat, but Gamora falls of the edge of the thick vine that they were standing on. Nebula looks down on her as she hangs on. Gamora manages to convince Nebula to help her up, but when Nebula grabs her hand, Gamora pulls her down, and Nebula falls.
Back in present time, as Nebula falls towards Praxius, she deploys her wingchute. As she glides through the air, Korath contacts her and asks her to report on her situation. She reports that she is gliding towards the surface, but Korath scolds her because she was told to wait for backup. She responds by saying "backup is slow". She reminds Korath that their master needs the Orb for his universal scheme, and that she is simply seizing the opportunity to seize it. Korath stops arguing as Nebula reaches the Cloud Tombs of Praxius.
Nebula remembers when she woke up in a healing tank after her fall in Dervani. Parts of her body were replaced with tech-mechanism. When she woke up, Thanos spoke to her. He reminded her that he could've killed her but she showed promised, so he didn't. He told her that weakness must be cast aside for power.
As Nebula reaches the surface of one of the Cloud Tombs, she is caught off guard by the missile turrets that have began firing on her.
Her getting fired at makes her recall her time in a fighter craft training exercise with Gamora in the Orex II Gravity Well. She had a hard time piloting a ship because it was damaged by G'rek raiders. She asks for Gamora's help, and she suggested that they target their ship towards the G'rek carriership, set it to self-destruct, and eject. Their plan was successful, but the two ended up in a healing tank. Thanos spoke to them as they were unconcious.
Being helped by Thanos' teachings, Nebula manages to dodge the missiles fired by the cannons. She launches a ghost chaff, which creates multiple holograms of herself, distracting the cannons as she ejects from her wingchute grappling on to a tomb. She climbs the exterior wall of the tomb, and digs her way through the wall. She knows that there are archaeological survey teams inside.
While digging, she remembers all of her training from when she was a child until now.
Nebula makes it inside the tomb, and she runs around the halls, searching for the Orb, as drones attack her. To her surprise, the Orb is not there, and she is surrounded by drones. She then gets caught in a laser-thorn energy net. She manages to get most of her body out of the net, but her left arm gets all the more caught in the net. Luckily, Gamora comes in and blasts all the drones. Nebula thanks her, but before Gamora gets her out of the net, Thanos tells Gamora to leave her, saying she is a failure for not retrieving the Orb. Before Gamora leaves, she gives Nebula a metal blade. Since the metal blade could not cut through the energy net, Nebula cut her whole left arm off instead, and leaves.
Nebula then emerges from a healing tank, with a new metal arm, and a couple of other robotic implants.
• GET READY FOR MARVEL’S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY WITH AN ALL-NEW COMIC BOOK PRELUDE—WRITTEN BY COSMIC LEGENDS DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING!
• Who is Nebula? What tragic events forged her unbreakable allegiance to her dark lord? Find out here!
• Plus: Gamora! Korath! And more from the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 0 Images from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude Vol 1 1
|Like this? Let us know!|