Appearing in this Episode
- Appearances not yet listed
- Synopsis not yet written.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References
| Quotation = People needed someone that didn't require a warrant or shield to get things done. Call it a vigilante, or a superhero, call it what you will, but like it or not, I finally accepted that that someone had to be me. | Speaker = Luke Cage
| EpisodeTitle = You Know My Steez | Synopsis =
| Appearing = Featured Characters:
- Luke Cage (Carl Lucas) (Main story and flashback)
- Diamondback (Willis Stryker) (Main story and flashback)
- Harlem's Paradise
- James Lucas (Mentioned)
- Hammer Advanced Weapons Systems (Mentioned)
- Dave Griffith
- Soledad Temple
- Candace Miller (Death)
- Lonnie Wilson
- Farley (First appearance)
- Etta Lucas (Mentioned)
- Dana Stryker (Mentioned)
- Aisha Axton
- Matt Murdock (Mentioned)
- Damon Boone (Mentioned)
- Pop (Only in flashback)
- Mama Mabel (Mentioned)
- Rafael Scarfe (Mentioned)
- Cottonmouth (Cornell Stokes) (Only in flashback)
- Marshall Franco (First appearance)
- Marshall Johnson (First appearance)
- Colleen Wing (Name Only)
- Dr. Noah Burstein
- Connie Lin
- Jin Lin
- WZTM News
| Notes = * The Gang Starr song the episode is named after is "You Know My Steez", from their album Moment of Truth. Like the song, the episode celebrates an individual (or a group) single-handedly rectifying a situation with their own style and ease.
- The episode features a musical performance of "100 Days, 100 Nights" by Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings.
- The outfit Misty wears in the final moments of the episode closely resembles her usual attire in the comics.
- Series showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker was planning to ask musician Prince to perform in this episode, but Prince passed away before the episode was filmed.
| Actor1 = Mike Colter | Character1 = Luke Cage | Actor2 = Simone Missick | Character2 = Detective Misty Knight | Actor3 = Theo Rossi | Character3 = Shades | Actor4 = Erik LaRay Harvey | Character4 = Diamondback / Willis Stryker | Actor5 = Rosario Dawson | Character5 = Claire Temple | Actor6 = Alfre Woodard | Character6 = Councilwoman Mariah Dillard | Actor7 = Sonia Braga | Character7 = Soledad Temple | Actor8 = Ron Cephas Jones | Character8 = Bobby Fish | Actor9 = Karen Pittman | Character9 = Inspector Priscilla Ridley | Actor10 = Michael Kostroff | Character10 = Dr. Noah Burstein | Actor11 = Tijuana Ricks | Character11 = Thembi Wallace | Actor12 = Deborah Ayorinde | Character12 = Candace Miller | Actor13 = Clifton Cutrary | Character13 = Teenage Carl Lucas | Actor14 = Jared Kemp | Character14 = Teenage Willis Stryker | Actor15 = Ninja Devoe | Character15 = Aisha Axton | Actor16 = Jeremiah Richard Craft | Character16 = Dave Griffith | Actor17 = Justin Swain | Character17 = Bailey | Actor18 = John Clarence Stewart | Character18 = Alex | Actor19 = Lee Sellars | Character19 = Sergeant Jacob "Jake" Smith | Actor20 = P.J. Marshall | Character20 = ESU Lieutenant Mario Green | Actor21 = Andre Jackson | Character21 = Marshall Johnson
| Recommended = | Links =
- Coker, Cheo Hodari (6 October 2016). The "Swear Jar" was for Prince. I was going to show him the first two episodes and convince him to play in episode 13.. Twitter. Retrieved on 31 October 2016.