- I've been given a gift of great power. Uncle Ben once said, "With great power comes great responsibility." I don't think I truly understood what he meant until that night. But in order to live up to that motto, I need to become something more than a celebrity... I need to become a symbol. A beacon of hope. I need to become... a hero. I'm not saying it's been easy. But it's how I've made sense of what's happened to me. And I'm sure it's what Uncle Ben would've wanted. So, the next time you see me swing by your window, know that although I've been called many things, a menace, amazing, spectacular, sensational... you know me best as... Spider-Man!
- -- Spider-Man
Appearing in "Conclusion"
- Spider / Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Main story and flashback) (First appearance chronologically as Spider-Man)
- Burglar (Main story and flashback)
- Ben Parker (First appearance) (Photo) (Mentioned to be deceased)
- NYPD (First appearance)
- Stan Lee (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- New York (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "Conclusion"
At his home, Peter Parker laments how his Uncle Ben will never be able to see the wrestling trophy he won, recounting that he was killed earlier this very same night after surprising a burglar. Peter imagines his Uncle Ben would encourage him to look for the lesson in this tragedy, because that's the kind of man he was made of. While putting his mask on, Peter decides it's time find out what is he himself made of.
Peter recounts the cops said the burglar has held up in a warehouse, and he soon breaks into it to confront the murderer. When the criminal scoffs at Peter wondering what is he supposed to be, the young boy answers "payback." Before the burglar can take of his gun, Peter pulls it away using a webline. The murderer attempts to escape, but Peter uses his web-shooter to swing him across the warehouse into a pile of boxes. Peter ignores the burglar's pleas and webs him up into the wall, almost immediately pulling him out of the web and into the ground. Peter prepares to pummel the criminal, but as soon as he takes off some residual webbing on his face, Peter realizes it's the same burglar he let go before the wrestling match. As Peter is reeling from this discovery, the Burglar takes advantage an attempts to flee, not realizing the police are waiting for him as soon as he steps outside of the warehouse.
Back in his room, Peter stares at the board where he kept track of the five steps of the scientific method, revealing how he now possesses a better understanding of what matters in the world. Even though his Uncle Ben can't be replaced, Peter argues what they stood for can be carried on. While recording the final entry in his vlog, Peter recounts a lesson his Uncle Ben shared with him once, that with great power comes great responsibility, as he puts on his mask and unzips his jacket, revealing a new costume.
Peter continues narrating, now in the city, stating that in order to live up to Uncle Ben's motto, he has decided to become a hero. Peter admits his journey has not been easy, but feels that's what Uncle Ben would've wanted. Peter hears police sirens in the distance, and follows them swinging, as Spider-Man.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References