In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
Reed Richards designed and built his experimental Marvel-1 rocket in Central City, California. The rocket was equipped with an experimental hyperdrive. The ship carried Richards, pilot Ben Grimm, Sue Storm, and Johnny Storm to the stars in their infamous unauthorized test flight which led to them being bombarded by cosmic rays and becoming the Fantastic Four. It had inadequate shielding and was destroyed during a crash landing outside Ithaca, New York.
- The location of Marvel-1's destruction was established in Fantastic Four #245.
- It wasn't until Fantastic Four Vol 6 #14, 58 years after its debut, when the rocket was given an official name in the mainstream Marvel Universe. Warren Ellis's dystopian miniseries Ruins, however, gives it the ironic name of Astraea ("star-maiden" or "starry night"), the Hellenic goddess of innocence and purity.
- Marvel-1's Appearances
- Marvel-1's Minor Appearances
- Media Marvel-1 Mentions
- Vehicle Gallery: Marvel-1
- Images that include Marvel-1