Appearing in "The Return - Joining Forces"
- X-Men (First appearance)
- Hellfire Club's Inner Circle (First appearance)
- U-Men (First appearance)
- Sublime (First appearance)
- Hisako Ichiki (First appearance)
- Hisako Ichiki's father (Mr. Ichiki) (First appearance) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Hisako Ichiki's mother (Ms. Ichiki) (First appearance) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
Synopsis for "The Return - Joining Forces"
The X-Men have attacked the Inner Circle's training academy for mutants. However, during the fight, Jean becomes mind-controlled and turns into the terrible Dark Phoenix. Professor X's attempts to help Jean regain control of her mind are blocked. Cyclops tries reasoning with her, being pulled into Jean's mind; she asks him to kill her to keep the world safe from her Omega level powers. Cyclops sees a violet projection of Emma Frost, who appears to be the one manipulating Jean. Jean tells Cyclops she loves him and detonates herself, leaving nothing behind but her pendant. A heartbroken Cyclops holds the pendant and screams in anguish. Near by, the Inner Circle laugh at his misery.
A year later, the Xavier Institute has closed down with the X-men disbanding. Xavier is constantly plagued with a dream about a boy whose face he never sees. He receives word from his old friend Mr. Ichiki, whose mutant daughter has vanished. Xavier promises to send the X-Men to investigate. Wolverine, Beast and Storm return from their respective "vacations"; however, Cyclops remains at the site of Jean's death. Xavier informs them of the situation, and that Cerebro cannot detect mutants in Tohoko, Japan; there is nothing wrong with the machine, so something is blocking Cerebro. Wolverine and Storm decide to ask Scott to come back to help search for Hisako Ichiki, but he refuses. Right before the X-Men take off to Japan, Cyclops returns, having had a memory of Jean inspire him to rejoin.
- Original airdate: April 1, 2011
- English airdate: October 21, 2011
- Jean is silent in the real world during her possession. However, in the English Dub, she speaks (likely Mastermind's words) in a gloating speech.
- The X-men seem to abandon their old uniforms, which remain in storage.
Links and References