- Go ahead. Pull the trigger. But after you do, bub... then you're mine.
- -- Wolverine
Appearing in "Save the Tiger" (Part I of X) - The Good Guy
- Roche (Mentioned)
- Roche's henchmen
Synopsis for "Save the Tiger" (Part I of X) - The Good Guy
Wolverine discovers a man named Dave Chapel, who dies of wounds suffered at the hands of a crime lord from Madripoor named Roche. Wolverine travels to Madripoor and visits a run down pub called the Princess Bar. He finds several of Roche's enforcers muscling the club's owner O'Donnell for protection money. Wolverine fights the thugs and sends them packing.
Afterwards, he introduces himself to O'Donnell and a patron named Sapphire Styx. O'Donnell asks him why he has come to Madripoor. Wolverine tells him that Dave Chapel's dying words were to "save the Tiger". Upon hearing this, O'Donnell and Sapphire draw their weapons on Wolverine.
Appearing in "Elements of Terror" (Part I of XII)
Synopsis for "Elements of Terror" (Part I of XII)
The Man-Thing stumbles upon a grotesque mockery of a man in the middle of his swamp. Enraged by the fear emanating from the creature, he crushes it with one blow. Before long, two soldiers named Zahner and Monteiro stumble upon the remains. Zahner touches it and suffers a slight burn on his hand. They report back to two government superiors (including a General Selbert) and tell them that the subject has died. After the government agents leave, another desiccated-looking corpse arrives at the shack occupied by Zahner and Monteiro. But the Man-Thing has followed the creature and both of them turn the shack into shambles. Zahner and Monteiro escape in a speed boat, while the Man-Thing kills the second creature. He absorbs part of the creature into him and begins to exhibit some strange properties.
Appearing in "Crossing Lines" (Part I of VIII) - Ripples
Synopsis for "Crossing Lines" (Part I of VIII) - Ripples
Shang Chi returns to Hong Kong after having been away for several years. As he walks through the busy streets, a nearby terrorist bomb explodes causing debris to fly everywhere. Shang ignores the destruction and moves on. As he settles down in a flophouse, he notices a group of Si-Fan warriors enter the building to attack him. He quickly defeats them all and notices one shadowy witness who hastily leaves the scene. Shang-Chi follows him to Oriental Expeditors, Inc., a front company for a British Intelligence safe house. Inside is his old paramour, Leiko Wu. Leiko tells Shang-Chi that she needed to bait him into coming to the safe house on his own accord or else things would look suspicious. Before he can say anymore, his old allies, Clive Reston and Black Jack Tarr arrive.
Appearing in "Fear Itself"
- Asteroid Eater of Denak IV
- Outer space
Synopsis for "Fear Itself"
As the Silver Surfer is soaring through space, a small alien parasite called a Fear-Eater attaches itself to the Surfer's spine without his knowledge. The Fear-Eater taps into the Surfer's deepest fears and causes him to believe that he is still on Earth. The Surfer pierces the false barrier imprisoning him on Earth and soars back into space. The Fear-Eater then has the Surfer believe that he has reverted to his natural form, Norrin Radd. But the Surfer faces his fear and rises above it. Unable to successfully feed on the Surfer's fear anymore, the parasite abandons him. The Surfer, now back in his normal state continues flying through space.
- Marvel Comics Presents featured a rotating cast of characters in serialized story-arcs. This title was published on a bi-weekly release schedule. Each issue of the series featured a wrap-around cover.
- The "Save the Tiger" vignette from this issue is reprinted in the Wolverine: Save the Tiger! and Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine trade paperbacks.
- Clive Reston appeared last in Master of Kung Fu #122.
- Doctor Doom, the Fantastic Four and Galactus appear as imagery inside the Silver Surfer's mind, but do not actually appear in this issue.
- Jack Tarr appeared last in Master of Kung Fu #125.
- Leiko Wu appeared last in Master of Kung Fu #125.
- The Man-Thing appeared last in Marvel Fanfare #32.
- Shang-Chi appeared last in Master of Kung Fu #125. The Crossing Lines story-arc continues with plotlines from that series.
- The Silver Surfer appeared last in Silver Surfer Vol 3 #19. He appears next in Silver Surfer Vol 3 #20.
- Wolverine appeared last in Uncanny X-Men #230.
- The Fear Eater appears next in the fourth story in Marvel Comics Presents #2.
- This is the first story to feature Wolverine in Madripoor.
- Black Jack Tarr makes an allusion that he is the great-nephew of the infamous detective, Sherlock Holmes.
- Clive Reston makes an allusion that he is the son of famous British spy James Bond. There have been many such intimations of Reston's parental lineage peppered throughout the original Master of Kung Fu series.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Comics Presents Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 3 Image(s) from Marvel Comics Presents Vol 1 1
- 1 Reprints of Marvel Comics Presents Vol 1 1
|Like this? Let us know!|