|This page has not been updated in many years. It has been kept for historical purposes.
This a page where we ask you write all your suggestions for what we can do to improve the site, making it easier to navigate, making it prettier, or functions you wish we had...
Please add your bulleted suggestions right away when you think of them (so you don't forget!) as we check here frequently to see what you think. Please no opinions on what you think of the site, just suggestions for improvement. Thanks!
- Example: Type your suggestions below. (by Jamie)
- I'm wondering how we should handle entries for characters that are known by two or more names. I'm thinking that the entry should be created in the character's hero/criminal alias (or most current alias, if the character has used more than one), and any other well-known (not just known) names be used as redirects to the entry. Comments? JohnAlbertRigali 16:55, 28 Jul 2005 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- So far we are doing it ad hoc... I tend to use the most recent alias a character goes by. You can forward the 'other aliases' and real name to the main page by using " #REDIRECT [[Example_Page]] " command. Check out the Wiki-Editors Forum for more discussions on what conventions we use on the database. Jamie 19:14, 28 Jul 2005 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- I think that the Categories should be updated and kept up a little better so when someone adds a new page/character/etc...it will be known what categories to add it to. I feel the same goes with the templates for characters and comic pages. Would there be any way to get these updated at all? I know that it would be annoying to set a full standard to the site since not having one is what keeps it growing, but it would be nice to have some sort of flow to the site and a little guidance for those who are new or not used to the ways of "wiki". Just a thought. M1shawhan 15:56, 27 October 2006 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- There is certainly nothing wrong with your suggestion. I also think that we need a bit of an overhaul... The thing is that this needs to be done on a consistent basis. Every 3-6 months, we need to revisit Categories, Templates, Stubs, etc. I tell you what... If you remind me again in a few weeks... I will work on it personally!
- --Jamie 17:26, 27 October 2006 (Eastern Daylight Time)
- Should Infobox templates be created for certain items that tend to have the same types of information listed? I'm specifically thinking of characters, comic issues, locations, and events. I saw this under Jamie's TODO list and wouldn't mind helping out, specifically with the creation of these templates (got some experience here, willing to apply it) and the usage of them. Echtoran 21:14, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
- Echtoran, this is something we have been definitely pondering over for a while... I would hate to over complicate our character templates though...
- We would love to hear your ideas/thoughts/opinions on the subject here and here!
- --Jamie 21:31, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry about that! You are approved on the forums now... (We have been bombarded by relentless spammers, that is why require approval...)
- --Jamie 17:53, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
- Echtoran 17:58, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
- I also think that the Categories could use some maintenance. In particular, because of its size, Category:Characters needs to be easier to navigate. I think it would help if we created an "All Characters" category, instead of putting every character page in the main "Characters" category. I'd get started myself, but character categorization is mostly dealt with by a protected template, so it's difficult. -- Supermorff 17:48, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- You are SO right, our categories are getting a little unwieldy.
- I plan to do an audit at some point in the near future, but the good news is that since we have started to migrate to automated categorization via the templates, it will be a SNAP to reorganize. :)
- If you want, copy&paste your ideas into a new discussion thread on the forums.
- I am sure this is bound to start a lengthy discussion on the topic!
- I love your ideas... keep them coming. ;)
- --Jamie 18:27, 26 July 2007 (UTC)