The Incredible Hulk
Appearing in "A Titan Walks Among Us!"
- Calvin Beame (Only appearance; dies)
- Richmond Wagner (First appearance)
- General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross
- Reginald (First appearance)
- Freddy (First appearance)
- Davy (First appearance)
- Billy Joe (First appearance)
- Castor (Referenced)
- Pollux (Referenced)
Races and Species:
- United States of America
Synopsis for "A Titan Walks Among Us!"
With the Hulk nowhere in sight, General Ross takes Jim Wilson to supervise a splashdown of two astronauts returning from space. When their capsule sinks, it is saved by the Sub-Mariner who is rudely dismissed for his efforts. The Astronauts in question soon quit NASA in order to start their own television show called Astro-Nuts. One of the "Astro-Nuts" on the show is a giant woolly creature that wins the heart of children all over the world. However, what appears to be a lovable character is really Xemnu, an alien from outer space who has taken possession over the body of one of the astronauts, and plans on coercing the children who watch him on television to follow him to his home planet where he intends on converting them into members of his own race so that he may no be lonely any more.
Suspicious of Xemnu's intentions, Jim gets in touch with Dr. Strange who calls upon Namor, and brings the attention of the Hulk after posing as the green goliath on a televised event. The three learn Xemnu's true plot and battle him when he is about to transport the children under his thrall into space. Hulk seemingly pounds Xemnu into non-existence, and when the battle is over, all parties depart when the military tries to take in the Hulk.
What kind of menace can take on Sub-mariner, Dr. Strange, and the incredible Hulk? Wait and see, pilgrim - when stalks the Titan!
- This is the final Defenders story in this title, the team gets their own series in Defenders #1. Marvel Feature continues next issue with stories featuring Ant-Man and the Wasp next issue and with the Thing in Marvel Feature #11.
- This issue contains references to Monsters on the Prowl #11 and 14, which are in turn, reprints of Journey into Mystery #62 and 66, respectively.
- Xemnu appears next in Defenders #12.
- This issue does not contain a letters page.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|