- Cool yer heels and quit callin' me Rock Man. It's the Thing and you know it! There's a fight, but it ain't between you and me, big guy.
- -- The Thing
Appearing in "Good Monsters!"
- Tragg (Final appearance)
- Rommbu (Final appearance)
Synopsis for "Good Monsters!"
The cosmic being known as the Collector sits within his massive museum beneath Canada. Inside this immense abode is a menagerie of various strange, and monstrous creatures that have plagued Earth in the past. Over the span of years, the Collector has captured these gargantuans one at a time and placed them within this private zoo. Now however, the Collector faces challenges not from his captured specimens, but rather from the Mole Man. The Mole Man's forces invade the museum, setting all of the monsters free.
In Manhattan, Bruce Banner visits the Baxter Building. On the run from the army, he is hoping to find shelter with the Fantastic Four. The only team member present is Ben Grimm, who invites Banner in and gives him some food. As the two talk, the civil defense alarm sounds and Ben learns that hordes of giant monsters are now invading New York. He cannot contact the rest of the Fantastic Four, so he must rely on Banner for help. He flicks Bruce several times in the nose, instigating Banner's transformation into the Hulk. Before the Hulk can start swinging, Ben convinces him that it would actually be more fun to take on the bigger "bad" monsters. The Hulk agrees and they go off to save the city.
The fight is a brutal one as the Hulk and the Thing take on the likes of Taboo, Grottu, Vandoom, Gargantus, Rommbu and Grogg, but even their massive strength is not enough to prevent the destruction of the city. Fortunately, Giant-Man of the Avengers and the X-Men's Beast arrive to lend a hand. Giant Man single-handedly takes down Gargantus, but it is the Hulk who delivers the final knock-out when he body flips Rommbu onto the ever-growing pile of unconscious critters. Now, the only problem is what to do with them all. Mister Fantastic arrives after having spent some time in the Negative Zone. He activates a portal into the zone and the Hulk lifts the entire pile of monsters and hurls them through the rift. Reed closes the barrier and the crisis concludes. The "good monsters" have won the day.
Appearing in "We Found the 9th Wonder of the World!"
Synopsis for "We Found the 9th Wonder of the World!"
- Marvel Monsters: Monsters on the Prowl is a one-shot special.
- The events of "Good Monsters" takes place early in the Modern Age of Heroes, approximately one to two years after the formation of the Fantastic Four.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Monsters: Monsters on the Prowl Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 10 Image(s) from Marvel Monsters: Monsters on the Prowl Vol 1 1
- 1 Reprints of Marvel Monsters: Monsters on the Prowl Vol 1 1
- Marvel Monsters: Devil Dinosaur #1
- Marvel Monsters: Fin Fang Four #1
- Marvel Monsters: From the Files of Ulysses Bloodstone #1
- Marvel Monsters: Where Monsters Dwell #1
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|