Appearing in "Homecoming!"
- Ancient One (Mentioned)
- The Ancient One's Sanctum, Himalayas
Synopsis for "Homecoming!"
Dr. Strange returns to the Ancient One's sanctum, there he tells Hamir of the events that led to the death of the Ancient One, and Strange's adoption of the title Sorcerer Supreme. Strange then tells Hamir to close down the temple for good.
Appearing in "The Origin of Doctor Strange"
- Dr. Ziegler (Only appearance) (Unnamed) (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Siegel (Only appearance) (Unnamed) (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Patten (Only appearance) (Unnamed) (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Mayer (Only appearance) (Unnamed) (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Christensen (Only appearance) (Unnamed) (Only in flashback)
- Dr. Noto (Only appearance) (Unnamed) (Only in flashback)
- NYPD (Only in flashback)
- Joe (First appearance)
- Valtorr (Invoked)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- All-Seeing Agamotto (Invoked)
- Dormammu (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Amulet of Agamotto (Cameo)
- Lesser Cloak of Levitation (Cameo)
- Vapors of Valtorr (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Origin of Doctor Strange"
Doctor Stephen Strange is a famous surgeon who works only for money, not caring for his patients nor interested in medical research. An auto accident damages the nerves in his hands severely and he can never perform an operation again. The proud Strange refuses to work for others and ends up on the street. He learns about the healing powers of the Ancient One and travels to his sanctuary in India. The Ancient One refuses to heal Strange because of his selfish motives, but sudden snow forces Strange to remain in the sanctuary until the snow thaws. Here he witnesses the Ancient One's pupil, Baron Mordo, launch magical attacks upon his master. Mordo casts a spell upon Strange to stop him from warning the Ancient One of the attacks' origins. Strange, therefore, resolves to learn the secrets of black magics to defeat Mordo himself. The Ancient One accepts Strange as his disciple and dispels Mordo's spell, which he had known about all along.
Appearing in "The Many Traps of Baron Mordo!"
- United States of America
Synopsis for "The Many Traps of Baron Mordo!"
Using a miniature replica of Doctor Strange's house, Baron Mordo creates a magical trap that transports Strange and his home into an unknown dimension. Seeking the spell's source, Doctor Strange travels in ethereal form to the home of Baron Mordo where he falls into another trap, a bottle like prison. Mordo arrives at the Ancient One's house only to discover that Strange has reached there before him. Mordo's magical prison had no floor. By descending downwards through the Earth, Strange had eventually weakened the spell enough to break free. In the following magical battle, Doctor Strange's good powers defeats Mordo's evil ones.