- You can not enforce peace! This is a matter of the spirit... not of metal weapons!
- -- Ka-Zar
Appearing in "My Father, My Enemy"
- Lord Robert Plunder (Only in flashback)
- Golden People
- Mr. Marlowe (Only appearance; dies)
- Quor (First appearance)
- Reptile Men
- Vanessa Marlowe
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "My Father, My Enemy"
Disgusted with the "civilized" practice of Fox Hunting, Ka-Zar, back at his ancestral home in England, decides to ruin the "fun" for his brother and his friends as they begin their quest. Ka-Zar and Zabu seek to warn the prey, but in the process, Zabu startles a horse who throws the rider, Vanessa Marlowe, from off its back. Ka-Zar assists Vanessa but is slapped by his own brother, Edgar, formerly the Plunderer, for causing the injury to Vanessa in the first place. The two argue even through dinner and Vanessa challenges both brothers to act civilized. Edgar appears to agree and takes his brother aside and retells the story of how their father sought out a theorized element with fantastic powers. He reminds Ka-Zar of how he eventually found that element, known as Anti-Metal, in the Savage Land. Both brothers head to the Savage Land, Edgar to steal the only known supply of Anti-Metal and Kazar to defend it. As they arrive, they discover an alien, Quor, is acting as a god to a race of Lizard Men in order to harvest all of the Anti-Metal for himself. Ka-Zar battles Quor and defeats him and his Lizard Legion. Vanessa's father, who traveled to the Savage Land with Vanessa, is killed in the battle and with his dying breath scratches a note in the sand that Ka-Zar's father was not evil as The Plunderer had always told him. Edgar sees the note and wipes it out with his foot. Ka-Zar then finds Mr. Marlowe and carries him off, not knowing what he would have had him know.
Appearing in "The Vulture"
Synopsis for "The Vulture"
Appearing in "Verdict by Magic"
Synopsis for "Verdict by Magic"
Appearing in "The Knight and the Gypsies"
Synopsis for "The Knight and the Gypsies"
Appearing in "The Alien Invasion That Wasn't"
Synopsis for "The Alien Invasion That Wasn't"
- The original title for "Verdict by Magic" was "Murder by Magic".
- The original title for "The Knight and the Gypsies" was "Modred and the Gypsies".
- Ka-Zar and Zabu appeared last in Amazing Spider-Man (Volume 1) #58. They appear next in Incredible Hulk (Volume 1) #109.
- The Plunderer appeared last in Tales to Astonish #98. He appears next in Astonishing Tales #11.
- First and final appearance of Mister Marlowe; dies in this issue.
- First and final appearance of Quor; dies in this issue.
- First appearance of the Reptile Men and the Golden People. These respective races are seen in most storylines that revolve around the Savage Land.
- In "The Vulture", Betty is mistakenly called Mary.
- Betty Dean chronology page
- Black Knight chronology page
- Human Torch chronology page
- Ka-Zar chronology page
- Marvel Boy chronology page
- Modred the Mystic chronology page
- Plunderer chronology page
- Sub-Mariner chronology page
- Zabu chronology page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Super-Heroes Vol 1 19 on the forums
- Images from Marvel Super-Heroes Vol 1 19
- Astonishing (Volume 1)
- Astonishing Tales (Volume 1)
- Black Knight (Volume 1)
- Human Torch Comics
- Marvel Boy (Volume 1)
- Namor (Volume 1)
- Sub-Mariner Comics
- Sub-Mariner (Volume 1)
- Tales to Astonish (Volume 1)
- Young Men
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|