- Fate gave me some terrific super-powers, and I realize now that it's my duty to use them... without doubt... without hesitation!! ...and that means Spider-Man is going into action again! I'll fight as I've never fought before!! Nothing will stop me now! For I know at last that a man can't change his destiny... and I was born to be... Spider-Man!!!
Appearing in "The End of Spider-Man!"
- Aunt May (See chronology)
- Daily Bugle Staff
- Flash Thompson
- Liz Allan
- Sandman (Flint Marko)
- Green Goblin (Cameo)
- Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) (Cameo)
- Kraven the Hunter (Cameo)
- Vulture (Adrian Toomes) (Cameo)
- Rocky Roberts (Only appearance)
- Anna Watson
- Dr. Bromwell
- Fantastic Four
- Avengers (Cameo)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Cameo)
- NYPD officers
- Irv (First appearance)
- Electro (Maxwell Dillon) (Mentioned)
- Mysterio (Quentin Beck) (Mentioned)
- Santa Claus (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- United States of America
- Spider-Man's Suit
- Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
- Spider-Man's Utility Belt
- The Daily Bugle
- Giant-Man's Suit
- Captain America's Uniform
- Captain America's Shield
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Daredevil's Suit
- Daredevil's Billy Club
- Vulture's Wings
- Goblin Armor
- Green Goblin's Bag of Tricks
Synopsis for "The End of Spider-Man!"
Spider-Man is still being ridiculed when he fled from a fight with The Green Goblin and it's been the talk of all his previous super-villains, as well as other super-heroes. Peter Parker spend his time taking care of his Aunt May at home, and when at school, his concern for Aunt May is consuming most of his thinking. Pete, desperate to earn money to buy more medicine for Aunt May, goes out as Spider-Man to see what he can do. He tries a trading card company as well as a pair of scientists to sell his adhesive webbing, but in both instances, he strikes out, with neither showing any interest.
As he heads home, he runs into the Sandman, but being so concerned about Aunt May living alone, he runs away and hides. The public sees this, writing off Spider-Man as a coward once again. As crime continues, Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) begins to suspect something is wrong and writes a message in the sky for Spider-Man to meet him at the Statue of Liberty, but Spidey doesn't show. Flash is so desperate about clearing Spider-Man's name, he dresses as Spidey and tries to fight criminals, but gets beat up instead. As Pete gets ready to quit as Spider-Man, the doctor says Aunt May is in the clear and won't have to take any more medicine. After reading yet another editorial about a weak and phony Spider-Man, Pete decides to go out as Spider-Man and fight back.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Tales Vol 2 156 on the forums
- 1 Image(s) from Marvel Tales Vol 2 156
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|