Appearing in "All the Fires in Hell...!"
- United States of America
Synopsis for "All the Fires in Hell...!"
While hanging around the Baxter Building, the Thing tells the Human Torch about his recent run-in with the Son of Satan while investigating a situation in Lawless, Arizona. This reminds Johnny that he hasn't seen his friend Wyatt Wingfoot in a long time now that he had returned to his people of the Keewazi, who are also located in Arizona.
When Johnny contacts Wyatt, Wyatt attacks the monitor, and Johnny is advised by Silent Fox that Wyatt has been possessed by some unknown force. Remembering what Ben told him about Daimon Hellstrom, Johnny flies to St. Louis and asks Daimon for his assistance in exorcising whatever has possessed Wyatt Wingfoot.
Arriving at the Keewazi reservation, Daimon quickly exorcises the possessed Wyatt. However, he and the Torch soon learn that the entire tribe has been possessed by Dryminextes. During their battle against the possessed Keewazi, Daimon himself is soon possessed by Dryminextes as well. Regaining control of himself, Daimon instructs Johnny that light is the demon's weakness. The Torch then saves the day by unleashing a powerful nova blast which brightens up the night sky and frees the entire tribe from Dryminextes' control.
After the battle, Daimon bids Johnny and Wyatt farewell and walks off into the darkness.
- This story states that it takes place on New Years Eve in the year 1974. The year in question should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616.
- When the Thing relates his strange encounter with Son of Satan, he is referring to the events of Marvel Two-In-One #8.
- Johnny Storm is wearing a red and yellow costume. He started wearing this costume circa Fantastic Four #132. He will continue to wear this costume until Fantastic Four #159.
- The Torch recounts how he left a communicator with Wyatt Wingfoot after their last adventure together. He is referring to the Fantastic Four's battle with the Miracle Man in Fantastic Four #135–136.
- Kathy Reynolds argues against being left behind, pointing out that she and Hellstrom worked together before. She is referring to the events of Marvel Spotlight #14–20.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It to Team-Up. Letters are published from Jo Duffy and Richard Nathan.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|