- So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY!
- -- Spider-Man
Appearing in "A Witch in Time!"
- Edwin Jarvis (Only in flashback)
- Cotton Mather (First appearance)
- Salem villagers
- New York City
- Avengers Mansion (Only in flashback)
- Salem, Massachusetts (1692)
Synopsis for "A Witch in Time!"
When the Scarlet Witch is summoned by Cotton Mather to Dr. Doom's Castle, the summoning causes her to react violently towards the Vision before leaving in a Quinjet. When Cotton Mather tries to take control of the Scarlet Witch, she sends out a spell to bring help. This orb of mystical energy finds and transports Spider-Man to Dr. Doom's castle.
There, Spider-Man tries to stop Cotton Mather, but the power of both Cotton Mather and the subjugated Scarlet Witch prove too much for the web-slinger and he is buried under a pile of rubble. Cotton Mather then uses Dr. Doom's time machine to send both he and Scarlet Witch back to the year 1692 during the time of the Salem Witch Trials.
Spider-Man frees himself and follows them through Doom's time machine to 1672 as well. Arriving in that era he sees that Cotton Mather has put Scarlet Witch on trial before all the pilgrims. The "trial" is interrupted by the arrival of the Vision, who also traveled back in time as well.
When Spider-Man comes to Vision's aid, Cotton Mather orders the pilgrims to attack the trio.
- Wanda mentions how she and the Vision are married. The pair were wed in Giant-Size Avengers #4.
- Spider-Man mentions his recent battles with the Shocker (Amazing Spider-Man #151-152) as well as Big Man, Crime-Master, Sandman and the Enforcers (Marvel Team-Up #39-40).
- Wanda refers to herself as a mutant. This is something she has believed for a long time. However, it is revealed years later in Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 #5 that she was the subject of genetic manipulation by the High Evolutionary. In order to cover up his work, he made it so she would register as a mutant whenever she was examined. She is actually a witch as revealed during the course of Scarlet Witch Vol 2 #1-15.
- The Scarlet Witch goes to Doctor Doom's castle in Latveria, a location that is said to have been long abandoned. Wanda is likely referring to Doctor Doom's castle in Upstate New York which Doctor Doom first battled the Fantastic Four back in Fantastic Four #5. The Avengers visited the abandoned castle as well circa Avengers #58/Avengers Annual #2. One could presume that Wanda is mixing up the two.
- Inks: backgrounds by Hunt (uncredited).
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Mantlo pages 2-18.
- The cover image logo of Scarlet Witch is recycled John Buscema artwork from Avengers #85, Page 19. It was previously used for marketing purposes for her 1975 Slurpee cup.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail It To Team-Up. Letters are published form R. Hunderetmark, Bill Caley, and Kirk Olson.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 41 on the forums
- Images from Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 41
|Like this? Let us know!|