- Being Iron Fist is more than wearing a fancy costume and having fists that glow in the dark.
- -- Colleen Wing
Appearing in "If Death Be My Destiny..."
- Lei-Kung (Appears in flashback)
- August Personage in Jade (Yu-Ti) (Appears in flashback)
- August Personage in Jade (Wu-An) (Appears in flashback)
- Shou-Lao (Only in flashback)
- Wendell Rand (Appears in flashback)
- Jeryn Hogarth (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- United States of America
Synopsis for "If Death Be My Destiny..."
With the weakened Iron Fist taken to Colleen Wing's apartment, where Jeryn Hogarth provides a nurse to look over him, Spider-Man, Misty Knight, and Colleen Wing decide to work together and take down Steel Serpent. Elsewhere, Steel Serpent reflects on the events that led him to want revenge against Iron Fist:
Back in K'un-Lun, he tried to win the right to battle Shou-Lao to gain the iron fist, but would be defeated in combat by Wendell Rand. He would try to gain the power of Shou-Lao anyway, however he would only partially succeed in doing so and be injured by the ancient dragon instead. The disgraced Davos would then be expelled from K'un-Lun for his actions.
Steel Serpent is found and attacked by Spider-Man, Misty, and Colleen Wing. They manage to gain the upper hand in combat until Colleen tries to stab Steel Serpent with her sword, prompting Spider-Man to stop her. This gives the Serpent the edge in combat and he begins to easily best his opponents. Iron Fist shows up, seemingly revived, and takes on Steel Serpent in combat. During the fight, the double iron fist power of Steel Serpent begins to consume his body. Danny, realizing that the power may be lost forever if Davos is to perish, grabs hold of his opponent. There is a blazing light, and Iron Fist is the only one remaining standing, his iron fist powers restored.
Iron Fist explains to his friends that because Davos attacked him with the iron fist but without any limit, the power itself consumed him. The foursome soon departs, while in far-off K'un-Lun, Lei-Kung had watched the entire fight through the looking glass.
- Misty Knight recounts two of her dealings with Iron Fist: Their first encounter in Marvel Premiere #21 as well as when he made her choose between their romance and her recent case in Iron Fist #13.
- The reason why Spider-Man recognizes Misty Knight is that they briefly met in the past circa Marvel Team-Up #1.
- Although Davos physically dies here, he eventually returns to life, as seen in Iron Fist Vol 2 #1.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
- Flashback, Page 5, Panel 5 - Devos undergoes training to become the next Iron Fist.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panel 1 - Devos is promised he is destined to become the next Iron Fist.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panels 2-3 - Devos battles Wendell Rand.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panels 4-7 - Devos loses to Wendell, still insists that he is desined to become Iron Fist.
- Flashback, Page 7, Panel 1 - Devos travels to the temple of Shou-Lao.
- Flashback, Page 7, Panel 2 - Shou-Lao scars Devos' face.
- Flashback, Page 7, Panel 3 - Devos tries to grasp Shou-Lao.
- Flashback, Page 7, Panel 4 - Devos lets go befoer the transferrance of the Iron Fist can complete.
- Flashback, Page 7, Panel 5 - Devos returns to Kun-Lun in shame and is exiled.
- Flashback, PAge 7, Panel 6 - Davos becomes the Steel Serpent and goes to Earth.
- Flashback, Page 5, Panel 5 -Lei-Kung trains his son to be Iron Fist.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panel 1 - Lei-Kung promises Davos that he is destined to become the next Iron Fist.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panels 2-3 - Lei-Kung presents his son to challenge Wendell Rand.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panels 4-7 - Lei-Kung watches as Devos loses to Wendell.
- Flashback, Page 7, Panel 5 - Lei-Kung is present when his son is banished in disgrace.
- Flashback, Page 5, Panel 5 -Yu-Ti oversees the training of Davos.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panel 2-3 - Yu-Ti watches the battle between Davos and Wendel Rand.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panels 4-7 -Yu-Ti denies Davos' claim to the Iron Fist.
- Flashback, Page 7, Panels 5 - Yu-Ti exiles Davos from Kun-Lun.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panels 2-3 - Wu-An presents his son Wendell Rand to battle for the right to become Iron Fist.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panel 2-3 - Wu-An watches the battle between Davos and Wendel Rand.
- Flashback, Page 7, Panels 5 - Wu-An is present when Yu-Ti exiles Davos from Kun-Lun.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panel 2-3 - Davos and Wendel Rand battle.
- Flashback, Page 6, Panels 4-7 - Wendel wins the right to become the Iron Fist
- Flashback, Page 7, Panels 5 - Wendel is present when Yu-Ti exiles Davos from Kun-Lun.
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Patterson pages 2-17.
- This issue contians a letters page, Web-Zingers. Letters are published from "The Last Warrior" Carr, Michael Scalf, Alan Howard, and Carlton Donagher.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 64 on the forums
- 4 Images from Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 64
- 1 Reprints of Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 64
|Like this? Let us know!|