Appearing in "Last Rites"
- Cissy Ironwood
- Silver Dagger (Mentioned)
- Marie Laveau (Mentioned)
- Hulk (Referenced)
- Rhino (Referenced)
Synopsis for "Last Rites"
Having failed to bring Dr. Strange to a monastery in Tibet, Wong and Spider-Man are transported back to Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum by Satana. There Satana explains that Strange's contact with the Shiatra Book of the Damned had caused him to become an agent of Basilisk on Earth.
Spider-Man is sent out to capture the lupine, Dr. Strange, Spidey tracks him down to where his date Cissy Ironwood was admitted following her injuries when encountering Strange. There Spidey is able to subdue Strange and take him back to the Sanctum.
There, Satana is able to cast a spell and travel into Basilisk's realm to try and free Strange from its influence. Although Satana succeeds, she is fatally wounded by Basilisk. Upon returning to Earth's dimension, everyone is glad that Strange has been restored to normal, however, they realize that it is a tragic victory as Satana has died as a result of her injuries.
- Satana explains that Doctor Strange fell under the power of Basilisk after coming into contact with Shiatra, the Book of the Damned. That happened in Marvel Team-Up #76–77.
- Satana states that Basilisk was bound to her since she first arrived on Earth. That would have been in Vampire Tales #2.
- Although Satana seemingly dies at the end of this issue, she returns to life in Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #10.
- The narrative of this story states that Satana was born in 1952 and died in 1979. These dates should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616. Modern readers should accept that she was 27 years old when she died in this story.
|Like this? Let us know!|