Appearing in "A Monster Walks Among Us!"
- United Kingdom
- Richmond Enterprises
- China (Only in flashback)
- Tunguska Event (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "A Monster Walks Among Us!"
Arriving in his England branch as Nighthawk, Kyle Richmond attends a board meeting where he is shown a mysterious rock, which they agree to have probed by Dr. Kort because there is something inside. Meanwhile, Dr. Kort has finished freeing Deathlok from Mentallo's control, and the cyborg is turned over to S.H.I.E.L.D.
When Kort is given the rock for examination, an ugly alien creature breaks free and is instantly hounded by people who consider it a menace. When a local children's hospital catches a fire, the monster helps Thing and Nighthawk save the children trapped inside.
The monster is shot dead by the locals for all its troubles. After the fire is put out, Nighthawk scolds the people for killing the monster that rescued their children.
- Deathlok was brought to Dr. Casey in Marvel Two-In-One #29 to repaired after he was made a pawn of the Fixer and Mentallo in Marvel Two-In-One #27.
- After being taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody in this story, Deathlok was stolen by Roxxon as explained in Marvel Two-In-One #54. Further Deathlok (Vol. 2) #32 explained that Roxxon scientist recreated a robot version of Deathlok for their own evil purposes.
- There is more to Dum Dum Dugan than meets the eye. His body is actually Life Model Decoy. As revealed in Original Sins #5, Dugan was seemingly killed years earlier. Fury covered it up by replacing Dugan with a life-like LMD. The fact that Dugan's mind was operating these units was revealed in New Avengers (Vol. 4) #17.
- Nighthawk mentions the Defenders are discreet about his double identity. Nighthawk joined the Defenders in Defenders #13 and tried to establish them as an official team circa Defenders #17, during this period he made his double identity known to them.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|