Appearing in "Voodoo and Valor!"
- Vampire Zuvembie
- President Idi Amin (Only appearance) (Topical reference)
- W'Sulli (Death)
- Kinji Obatu (Death)
Synopsis for "Voodoo and Valor!"
As the Thing returns to the Black Panther's apartment at their scheduled meeting time, Ben forces his way when he believes that there might be trouble. Inside, he finds Brother Voodoo, who has been drawn here because of the Vampire Zuvembie that has been on the loose and agrees to help Ben try and track down the Black Panther and other prominent African-American's that have been kidnapped by the monster.
The Vampire Zuvembie turns out to be under the control of Kinji Obatu, formally the criminal known as Dr. Spectrum of the Squadron Sinister. He has captured these prominent figures in order to clear the execution order on his head by Ugandan leader, Idi Amin. With his prisoners, Obatu and the Zuvembie load them up on a stolen aircraft and fly to Haiti where they prepare to make the trade-off.
When Brother Voodoo and the Thing learn the plan, they fly off to rescue the others and, after being shot down in Uganda, the two heroes attack the ceremony where Obatu is turning the others over to Amin. During the fight, Brother Voodoo frees the Vampire Zuvembie from the control of W'Sulli, the tribe leader who put it under Obatu's control. The Zuvembie would then kill W'Sulli and cause Obatu to plummet to his apparent death. With Obatu's plot foiled, Brother Voodoo, Black Panther, and the Thing gather up all the captured people and take them back to the plane that will bring them home to the United States.
- W'Sulli mentions his son Mi'chi'li and how he turned against their people. This was documented in Marvel Preview #12.
- Obatu's last defeat at the hands of Iron Man and Thor occurred in Iron Man #65-66. Obatu used to be the costumed villain known as Doctor Spectrum of the Squadron Sinister, first formed by the Grandmaster in Avengers #69.
- The President of Uganda is depicted as the late Idi Amin. This should be considered a topical reference relative to the date of publication per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616. Particularly since Amin died in 2003, and literal references to him existing in the modern age would prematurely age the characters that exist therein.
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|