Appearing in "Seven Against the Empire!"
- Resistance/Terran Underground
- Mr. Fantastic (Recap)
- Medusa (Recap)
- Harkov (Mentioned)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Earth-691 (Main story and flashback) (3014 A.D.)
- Earth-616 (Only in flashback) (1974 A.D.)
- New York City (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Seven Against the Empire!"
The Thing, Captain America, and Sharon Carter are captives of the Badoon. Brother Royal has their minds probed to learn the how these beings came to be on Earth. The Thing regains consciousness, and the heroes fight their way to freedom. Joining up with the human resistance, Tarin tries to convince Zakkor, the leader of the resistance, to contact the Guardians of the Galaxy.
When the Guardians of the Galaxy receive the call from the human resistance, they are convinced to go and help when Vance Astro sees footage of Captain America fighting the Badoon. Arriving on Earth, the Guardians of the Galaxy help turn the battle in favor of the human resistance.
With the help of Thing, Captain America, Sharon Carter, and the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Monster of the Badoon is defeated and Brother Royal is ousted control of the planet Earth. With the Badoon occupation of Earth finally crushed, Vance Astro tells Captain America of his origins, and how was from their own era, however a space mission in the 1980's left him in suspended animation for a trip to Alpha Centauri, and that when he finally arrived at his destination it was already the 30th Century.
Afterward, Captain America, Thing, and Sharon use Dr. Doom's time machine to return to their own era, secure in the fact that they were able to free the people of the distant 30th Century from the tyranny of the Badoon.
- Vance Astro states that he was born on July 3rd, 1962 and once met Cap and his former partner the Falcon in 1972. Both of these dates should be considered topical references per the Sliding Timescale which governs Earth-616 and connected universes. Earth-691, while an alternate future is subject to the Sliding Timescale as it is a reality that branches off from Earth-616.
- Captain America had a long running partnership with the Falcon which originally ran from Captain America #134 to 222.
- It is specified here that Captain America spent years in suspended animation after World War II until he was revived in the modern age. This occurred in Avengers #4.
- This issue includes Marvel Value Stamp #93: The Silver Surfer.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvel Two-In-One Vol 1 5 on the forums
- 7 Images from Marvel Two-In-One Vol 1 5
|Like this? Let us know!|