Appearing in "Suffer Not a Warlock to Live!"
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Suffer Not a Warlock to Live!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Adam Warlock is stated to have died in this story, he seemingly sacrificed his life battling Thanos in Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2. In reality, his soul is presently trapped in the Soul Gem, but it is eventually released in a new body in Infinity Gauntlet #1.
- Sphinxor mentions how he witnessed Warlock getting crucified, this happened in Incredible Hulk #177. Sphinxor has been observing Warlock since Strange Tales #178, and he takes credit for driving Warlock temporarily mad in Warlock #14-15.
- This is the first mention of the Beyonders, who remain enigmatic for years. Fantastic Four #317-319 delves more into the mystery of the Beyonders, tying them to the Cosmic Cube, the Savage Land, the nether realm of Limbo, Subterranea, and the alien world of Arcturus IV. It's finally revealed in New Avengers Vol 3 #33 that the Beyonders claim responsibility for creating the Multiverse and have it as part of a grand experiment on life.
- The dates on Adam Warlock's tombstone read 1967-1977. The years on this tombstone should be considered a Topical Reference relative to the date of publication per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616. Although the dates state that Warlock had been alive for 10 years, this is more reflective of the numbers of years of publications between his birth in Fantastic Four #66 (published in 1967) and his "death" in Avengers Annual #7 (published in 1977). As the Timescale is measured the actual period of time that has passed is two years of Marvel time. Publications released in 1967 fall under "year two" of the modern age and those published in 1977 fall under "year four". Based on the same timescale, it has been roughly a year between Warlock's "death" and this story.
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.