Appearing in "Chapter 2: Making Sense of the World"
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) (Photo)
- Dr. Geoffries
- Sam Thorne (Named only)
- Giant Man/Yellowjacket (Hank Pym) (Photo)
- Montague Hale (Named only)
- George Stacy (Referenced) (Death)
- Gwen Stacy (Referenced) (Death)
- Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr) (Photo)
- Toad (Mortimer Toynbee) (Photo)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) (Photo)
- Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) (Photo)
- Galactus (Photo)
- Foggy Nelson (Mentioned)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Photo)
- Thing (Ben Grimm) (Photo)
- Dr. Doom (Victor von Doom) (Mentioned)
- Avengers (Referenced)
- Zodiac Cartel (Referenced)
- Black Panther (T'Challa) (Mentioned)
- It the Living Colossus (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (On-screen)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson) (On-screen)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (On-screen)
- Nick Fury (On-screen)
- X-Men (On-screen)
- Juggernaut (Mentioned)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Cameo)
- Giant rabbit (On-screen)
- Maggie (Photo)
- Thor (Cameo)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Cameo)
- Son of Satan (Daimon Hellstrom) (Cameo)
- Namor (On-screen)
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm) (On-screen)
- Invisible Girl (Sue Storm) (Mentioned)
- J. Jonah Jameson
- Robbie Robertson
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Mary Jane Watson (Cameo)
- Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) (Photo)
- Man-Thing (Theodore Sallis) (Photo)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Photo)
- Titanium Man (Boris Bullski) (Photo)
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) (Photo)
- Punisher (Frank Castle) (Cameo)
- Montague Hale (On-screen)
- Vampires (Mentioned)
- Werewolves (Mentioned)
- Nick Katzenberg (Earth-616)
- Latveria (Mentioned)
- New York City
- Empire Books
- Daily Bugle Building
- Spider-Buggy (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Chapter 2: Making Sense of the World"
Diagnosed with lung cancer, Phil Sheldon goes against his doctor's advice by deciding to postpone the chemotherapy treatment. Phil goes to see his publishing agent, Bennet Schwed, to talk about a possible sequel to Marvels. Phil rejects the idea to make a book about super villains, saying people are scared enough already, but says he will think about it.
Phil retires from his job as a freelance photographer and considers moving to Florida. He visits a bar and hears rumors about werewolf, zombie, and vampire incidents from around the world. Fed up with these rumors, Phil steps outside to take a smoke. He becomes frustrated when he realizes his "legacy" is actually to publish a book about "sideshow freaks" for people to gawk at.
While Phil watches a news report about a giant rabbit in central park, his wife, Doris, urges him to start the treatments for his cancer. Phil shrugs her off and says he has to work on his book at the moment. Instead, he goes down and looks at pictures of their "stray" mutant, Maggie, who ran away during a Sentinel attack.
After dealing with madmen attacks on the national economy and a demon invasion, it comes to Phil almost as a relief to attend a party celebration for Peter Parker getting nominated for photographer of the year. However, Phil believes that Parker is in league with Jonah in demeaning Spider-Man, and abandons the party.
On the city streets, a group of thugs try to attack Phil, but Spider-Man arrives on the scene to take care of them. Phil realizes that even though his life was threatened, he still had the instincts of a photographer. He decides that he can not leave the job of showing the world the "truth" to the Parkers of the world. Phil goes home and tells Doris they can make arrangements for his chemotherapy. Phil looks through some of his old photos and resigns to show people that they need not be afraid of the Marvels.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvels: Eye of the Camera Vol 1 2 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Marvels: Eye of the Camera Vol 1 2
- Avengers #120: Time cover
- Fantastic Four #50: Sam Thorne
- Astonishing Tales #21: "Star Kings"
- Marvels #4: Marvels book first published
- Avengers #73-#74: Montague Hale
- Avengers #49: Magneto at U.N.
- Fantastic Four #143: Human Torch upstate/Dr. Doom
- Giant-Size Super-Stars #1: Hulk/Thing battle
- Daredevil #108: Foggy Nelson shot
- Avengers #120-122: Avengers vs. Zodiac
- Incredible Hulk #171-172: Hulk at army base
- Captain America #170: Captain America arrested
- Marvel Team-Up #20: Dinosaurs on Broadway
- Werewolf by Night Vol 1: Werewolves in Los Angeles
- Astonishing Tales #22: "Hundred-foot tall stone guy on the Capitol Building"
- Tales of the Zombie Vol 1: Zombies
- Fear Vol 1: "That swamp-monster in Florida"
- Tomb of Dracula Vol 1: Vampire attacks in England
- Avengers #188: "World was invaded by demons"
- Sub-Mariner #68-69: Sub-Mariner at E.S.U.
- Amazing Spider-Man #130: "Spider-Man has a dune-buggy now"
- Captain America #173: Captain America and X-Men
- Incredible Hulk #172: Hulk and Juggernaut
- Marvel Premiere #6: "Giant white rabbit"
- Marvels #2: Maggie
- Daredevil #109: Daredevil vs. Black Spectre
- Marvel Spotlight #15: Son of Satan on St. Louis Arch
- Fantastic Four #147: FF battle Sub-Mariner
- Giant-Size Super-Heroes #1: Peter Parker nominated for photographer of the year
- Captain America #166: "Captain America defends Who?"
- Fantastic Four #63: Thing vs. Blaastar
- Avengers #60: Yellowjacket and Wasp
- Amazing Spider-Man #90: Spider-Man trying to save George Stacy
- Tales of Suspense #83: Iron Man vs. Titanium Man
- Strange Tales #120: Dr. Strange and empty lot
|Like this? Let us know!|