- You people! What do you need--the world to actually end?
Appearing in "Judgment Day"
- Ben Urich
- Doris Sheldon
- Beth Sheldon
- Jennie Sheldon
- Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd)
- Fantastic Four
- Stark Industries
- Sen. Harrington Byrd
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Daily Bugle
- Doris Urich (Mentioned)
- Looter (Norton Fester) (Mentioned)
- Count Nefaria (Luchino Nefaria) (Mentioned)
- X-Men (Mentioned)
- Countess (Stephanie De La Spiroza) (Photo)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanonva) (Photo)
- Boris Turgenov (Photo)
- Ka-Zar (Kevin Plunder) (Photo)
- Daredevil (Matthew Murdock) (Photo)
- Avengers (Photo)
- Hercules (Photo)
- Batroc the Leaper (Georges Batroc) (Photo)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Druid (Dreadmund Cromwell) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Dragon Man (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
Races and Species:
- Robots (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- United States of America
- England (Mentioned)
- London (Mentioned)
- Ultimate Nullifier (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Trick Arrows
- Crimson Dynamo Armor Mark I (Photo)
- Ant-Man's Helmet (Photo)
- Mjolnir (Photo)
- Iron Man Armor Model 1 MK III (Photo)
- Iron Man Armor Model 3 (Photo)
Synopsis for "Judgment Day"
As the 60's continue, Phil Sheldon works with Ben Urich on a Stark piece for the Daily Bugle. Soon after the news that the Avengers have been declared a menace and ordered to disband, Phil attends a press conference that claimed that their enemies had framed them. As Sheldon tries to finish his book on the Marvels, the media starts going after Tony Stark. As Phil and his family visit the zoo one day, the water level starts rising until they have to seek refuge on a bench. A man wearing a "Judgement Day" poster predicts the apocalypse and blames it on the super-beings. They learn from the radio that Attuma is actually responsible for the rising tides and that the Avengers stopped him.
The publicity of the superheroes continue to decline as Spider-Man gets accused of attacking Jonah Jameson, large Fantastic Four battles cause traffic congestion. Phil is preoccupied with his work, to the detriment of his relationship with his family. One day, the illusion of fire appears in the sky and the next day, meteors appear. The Silver Surfer emerges from the sky, and Galactus soon follows, announcing his plan to drain the life out of the planet.
As the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer fight the being and the city begins to panic, Sheldon believes in his heart that Earth will end and goes home to spend time with his family. Suddenly, news comes that the Fantastic Four have managed to defeat Galactus, thus saving the Earth. In the wake of the Fantastic Four's victory, Sheldon promises that he will devote more time with his family. However, he is later disgusted by the way the public has turned on their heroes, with his own newspaper claiming that the Galactus threat was a hoax. He finally rages at a crowd carrying on an anti-mutant conversation.
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the series that changed the way we look at super heroes, the landmark Marvels is back — with all-new commentary! Are the Marvels really heroes or opportunists using their powers to garner fame? As public opinion turns against super heroes, Daily Bugle photographer Phil Sheldon finds himself becoming cynical, getting more and more lost in his coverage of the Marvels — and distant from his family. But when Galactus arrives to consume Earth and the Fantastic Four rise to stop him, Phil must come to grips with the possibility of Armageddon — and decide what really matters to him. Packed with extras and completely remastered, you don’t want to miss this unique look back at the Marvels phenomenon! Collecting MARVELS #3.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvels Annotated Vol 1 3 on the forums
- 4 Images from Marvels Annotated Vol 1 3
|Like this? Let us know!|