- You people! What do you need--the world to actually end?
- -- Phil Sheldon
Appearing in "Judgment Day"
- Ben Urich
- Doris Sheldon
- Beth Sheldon
- Jennie Sheldon
- Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd)
- Fantastic Four
- Stark Industries
- Sen. Harrington Byrd
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Daily Bugle
- Doris Urich (Mentioned)
- Looter (Norton Fester) (Mentioned)
- Count Nefaria (Luchino Nefaria) (Mentioned)
- X-Men (Mentioned)
- Countess (Stephanie De La Spiroza) (Photo)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanonva) (Photo)
- Boris Turgenov (Photo)
- Ka-Zar (Kevin Plunder) (Photo)
- Daredevil (Matthew Murdock) (Photo)
- Avengers (Photo)
- Hercules (Photo)
- Batroc the Leaper (Georges Batroc) (Photo)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Druid (Dreadmund Cromwell) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Dragon Man (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
Races and Species:
- Robots (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- United States of America
- England (Mentioned)
- London (Mentioned)
- Ultimate Nullifier (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Trick Arrows
- Crimson Dynamo Armor Mark I (Photo)
- Ant-Man's Helmet (Photo)
- Mjolnir (Photo)
- Iron Man Armor Model 1 MK III (Photo)
- Iron Man Armor Model 3 (Photo)
Synopsis for "Judgment Day"
As the 60's continue, Phil Sheldon works with Ben Urich on a Stark piece for the Daily Bugle. Soon after the news that the Avengers have been declared a menace and ordered to disband, Phil attends a press conference that claimed that their enemies had framed them. As Sheldon tries to finish his book on the Marvels, the media starts going after Tony Stark. As Phil and his family visit the zoo one day, the water level starts rising until they have to seek refuge on a bench. A man wearing a "Judgement Day" poster predicts the apocalypse and blames it on the super-beings. They learn from the radio that Attuma is actually responsible for the rising tides and that the Avengers stopped him.
The publicity of the superheroes continue to decline as Spider-Man gets accused of attacking Jonah Jameson, large Fantastic Four battles cause traffic congestion. Phil is preoccupied with his work, to the detriment of his relationship with his family. One day, the illusion of fire appears in the sky and the next day, meteors appear. The Silver Surfer emerges from the sky, and Galactus soon follows, announcing his plan to drain the life out of the planet.
As the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer fight the being and the city begins to panic, Sheldon believes in his heart that Earth will end and goes home to spend time with his family. Suddenly, news comes that the Fantastic Four have managed to defeat Galactus, thus saving the Earth. In the wake of the Fantastic Four's victory, Sheldon promises that he will devote more time with his family. However, he is later disgusted by the way the public has turned on their heroes, with his own newspaper claiming that the Galactus threat was a hoax. He finally rages at a crowd carrying on an anti-mutant conversation.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Marvels Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Images from Marvels Vol 1 3
- Tales to Astonish #52: Widow and Ivan
- Avengers #16: Avengers press conference photo
- Tales of Suspense #69-72: "Stark and the Countess"
- Tales of Suspense #66: "Sen. Byrd Sez Iron Man Botched Weapons Test"
- Avengers #21: Avengers declared public menace
- Avengers #22: Avengers innocent/Avengers Day
- Tales of Suspense #72: Byrd demands for Iron Man's ID/Stark missing
- Tales of Suspense #74: Byrd's subpoena issued
- Strange Tales #144-145: S.H.I.E.L.D. vs. Egg-craft
- Avengers #27: Attuma floods Eastern Seaboard, fights Avengers
- Amazing Spider-Man #34: "Spider-Man attacked Jonah Jameson!"
- Fantastic Four #45: FF/Dragon Man battle wrecks buildings
- Tales to Astonish #75: Hulk in Washington, D.C.
- Daredevil #14: Ka-Zar/Daredevil in England
- Journey into Mystery #25: Hercules photo
- Tales of Suspense #75: Cap/Batroc battle photo
- Fantastic Four #48-50: Galactus events
- Fantastic Four #50: "Galactus Hoax"/"Galactus Vanishes"
- Avengers #28-31: "Goliath Returns to Avengers"
- Fantastic Four #50: Thing wandering alleys
- Amazing Spider-Man #36: "Spider-Man fighting that Looter character"
- Tales of Suspense #77: Byrd cancels Stark's defense contracts
- X-Men #23: Count Nefaria imprisons Washington, D.C.
|Like this? Let us know!|