Mary Brock was the first child of Jamie and Carl Brock. Following Jamie's death giving birth to Mary's younger brother Eddie, all housework fell on Mary's hands. There was also contention between her and her brother as a result of this, her sharing the belief of their father in blaming him for how their mother had died. 
However, at some point the two reconciled from this, Eddie expressing a very positive opinion of her in adulthood. Many years later, while out for a run Mary got caught in the middle of a battle between Nova and the Quintronic Man, and was left in a coma. Upon seeing this being reported on the news, Eddie was devastated and attempted to seek revenge against Nova for failing to save her.
At some point Mary contracted and died of breast cancer, but when Eddie attempted to bring her death up with Carl Brock their father angrily told him that he had no idea who Eddie was talking about, saying he'd never had a daughter; much to Eddie's infuriation and confusion. It is ultimately revealed that Mary Brock never existed, and Eddie's memories of her were falsified by the Venom symbiote.
- In Nova Vol 3 #6, Mary was originally introduced as Eddie Brock's younger sibling, which would create a continuity error since Eddie's mother died giving birth to him. Venom: Dark Origin #1 clarified this situation, presenting Mary instead as Eddie's older sister. Eventually, Venom Vol 4 #11 revealed Mary only existed as false memories in Eddie's mind -- which in turn creates a continuity error with her appearances in Nova Vol 3 #3 and Nova Vol 3 #6-7, unless the woman identified as "Mary Brock", who was injured and hospitalized during that series, was simply a woman bearing that name but with no relation to Eddie Brock.
- 2 Appearances of Mary Brock (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Mary Brock (Earth-616)
- Media Mary Brock (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Mary Brock (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Mary Brock (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Mary Brock (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|