Spider-Man rejected the rebirth offered to him by the giant spider and attacked it (killing it by ripping off its head). The Venom symbiote sensed what was happening and left Mac Gargan to seek out Peter Parker under his cocoon in the Brooklyn Bridge. It searched him out and took him over, filling the gap left by his incomplete metamorphosis. The new creature broke into Stark Tower and confronted Aunt May and Mary Jane, and tried to reassure them everything would be okay. They believed their creation to be an act of love, a miracle beyond anything one could ever ask for in church; His intention was to replicate himself ("share his gift") within Mary Jane. After Mary Jane referred to him as Venom, he denounces Venom as a loser that never realized its full potential and renames himself "Poison." Wolverine attempted to fight him but was soon defeated. Luke Cage does the same but Poison produced a stinger from his wrist that pierced Luke's skin on his shoulder, which rendered him helpless on the floor.
Poison offered MJ his power but she spurned him and said she would rather be dead. This does not faze him as apparently, Poison could reanimate her corpse to be just like him – she would be a mindless creature, but "without the pesky feminine impulses getting in the way." After Mary Jane agreed to the replication, but promising that she would make his life a living hell, Poison had second thoughts and Mary Jane convinced him to leave. Poison eventually unearthed the body of Gwen Stacy and replicated himself within her, turning her into a Carnage-like creature.
- MJ agreed to the replication but she told him that would have made his life a 'living hell' he left.
- 1 Appearances of Mary Jane Watson (Earth-70134)
- Minor Appearances of Mary Jane Watson (Earth-70134)
- Media Mary Jane Watson (Earth-70134) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Mary Jane Watson (Earth-70134)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mary Jane Watson (Earth-70134)
- Character Gallery: Mary Jane Watson (Earth-70134)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|