The Matriarch was the temporary leader of the Universal Church of Truth and servant to the Magus. She was discovered in a seedy establishment (implied to be a brothel) by the Magus where she was infamous as a woman with easy morals but a formidable mind and will. As such, she was chosen by the Magus to lead the Church on his behalf. When the Magus' younger self Adam Warlock was captured by Autolycus, she ordered him to kill Warlock, plotting to dispose of Magus and take control of the Church herself. When this plan failed, the Matriarch attempted to enslave Warlock by having him undergo a trial by Kray-Tor and reprogramming by an army of clowns.
When Magus discovered her schemes, he ordered her to be killed. She died in Adam Warlock's arms.
- 19 Appearances of Matriarch (UCT) (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Matriarch (UCT) (Earth-616)
- Media Matriarch (UCT) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Matriarch (UCT) (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Matriarch (UCT) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Matriarch (UCT) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|