The Nameless Continent of the Pre-Cataclysmic Age was located eastwards from the Thurian continent and of the Lemurian Islands. The "East Folk" living on the eastern shores of the Thurian continent were originated from there.
Mayapan was one of the colonies, along with Poseidonis and Zothique, established by Atlanteans after the Great Cataclysm on the east coast of the new continent formed from the upheaval of the Pictish islands as the mountain peak of a new continent.
Conan was told by Metemphoc, King of Thieves in Ptahuacan, capital of Antillia, of the continent of Mayapan and of the barbarian states founded by regenades from Atlantis and Antillia (another remnant of Atlantis). ...
The Post-Hyborian Cataclysm happened circa 8,000 BC virtually erased evidence of the existence of society developed on Mayapan (as well as on Antillia, Ptahuacan, Zothique, Opar, Avalon, and Ruta).
- Mayapan was a continent created by L. Sprague de Camp and Lin Carter in Conan of the Isles (October, 1968), adapted in Marvel Graphic Novel #42 (1988). Its name was presumably borrowed from the Mayan site Mayapan.
- 1 Appearances of Mayapan (Continent)
- Minor Appearances of Mayapan (Continent)
- 6 Media Mayapan (Continent) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Mayapan (Continent)
- Location Gallery: Mayapan (Continent)
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Savage Sword of Conan #36; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part V: Mayapan's entry
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Savage Sword of Conan #38; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part VI: Nameless Continent's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Savage Sword of Conan #7; The Hyborian Age - Chapter I: The Pre-Cataclysmic Age
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Kull the Conqueror Vol 2 #2 ; The Thurian Continent at the Time of King Kull
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Blockbusters of the Marvel Universe #1; Great Cataclysm's entry
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Marvel Graphic Novel #42: Conan of the Isles, Part III: Gods of Light and Darkness!
- ↑ Conan the Savage #10; The Necromancers of Na'at
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #1; Atlantis' entry