For those of you who don't know me, my name is Nathan, and I'm an administrator here at the Marvel Database. If you're looking for me, and I'm not editing at the moment, you can: email me or leave me a private message on the Fantastic Forums.
If I am editing at the moment, (which is most times pretty likely), you can leave me a message here.
If you like what we do here, you're more than welcome to become my friend on facebook, just leave me a message as to what your user name is here. :)
Me again! Edit
Hey, haven't been on in a couple days, but I've noticed some changes around here... Nice new background for starters! I noticed Nausiated was added to the admins, so I added him to the list, but could you add on the avatar for him? Thanks. --Johnnybravo44 (talk) 16:57, April 30, 2011 (UTC)
Just thought I'd mention that I love the frozen background, and I hope the backgrounds will stay like this. --Professor Kilroy 04:37, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
Sega Thor sponsored badges Edit
Hi Peteparker. I will be creating the blog post for the sponsored Sega Thor edit track today. Before I do, I wanted to make sure that you have the images (or know that someone does) used for the current custom badges in the Sega - Thor track. Because this is sponsored by Sega, we have to use the badge images they provided, so the current images for those badges will have to be re-uploaded when this campaign is over if you guys want to go back to using them. Please reply on my talk page as soon as you get this, as this campaign is due to go live today. Thanks. JoePlay (talk) 20:31, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Nevermind. I was told that Jamie had been contacted in advance with all the details, including the replacement of the Sega - Thor edit track badge images. JoePlay (talk) 23:41, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
Comic Template Edit
Do you know where I can find it? For some reason it no longer appears --ZTM1234 21:44, May 9, 2011 (UTC)
re: transparent background Edit
Hi Nathan. Would you please revert the background to solid white for me? The transparency makes text MUCH harder to read. Thank you.
Darkseid01 18:00, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
How can I get a floating magneto thing like johnny bravo?
The Observer 01:21, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for helping me out there, I was wondering, Is it possible to get others?
The Observer 16:27, May 13, 2011 (UTC)
re: Appearances check Edit
Hi Nathan. Were you able to code up a check for a blank Villains field under Appearances?
Darkseid01 12:40, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
re: DC's solution for indicating Appearances gaps Edit
Hi Nathan. DC has implemented a somewhat inelegant solution imo to show where characters need to be added onto templates with the Missing Characters template, but since you say it is not possible to code in a check for blank Appearances fields like you did for the writers, etc. I tried to copy the Missing Characters template onto the Marvel site. It says that it used to be here and you are listed as the person who deleted it. Is it ok to get this back?
Darkseid01 12:59, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Hey! I know you've been busy but were you still interested in remaining on our team? If you are we could use the extra help! You're active enough here on Marvel so I assume you have the free time. We basically need coverage on IRC, Skype, and our to-do list. Even marginal help would be appreciated. --Charitwo (talk) 14:46, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- If you're looking for leisurely work, the To-do list is always there to work on. Lots of stuff on that list needing cleaned up. --Charitwo (talk) 19:19, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
Forum help Edit
Hi Pete hows it going? I havent been able to log into the forum for the past couple of weeks, its not accepting my username password or email, was wondering if you could help? Thanks mate, -Matt ---Wild Goose 17:42, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
Oh right sorry i though you were a forum admin, never mind thanks for passing the issue on for me. ---Wild Goose 19:44, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
re: Missing Characters page Edit
Is there any way to knock titles off that list? I'll give you an idea of my game plan here. Since I have the Marvel Indexes that have been published so far, and I can refer to Marvel Chronology Project and comics.org for series that Marvel has not yet issued indexes, I was hoping for a tool that would allow me to go to specific blank issue templates within a series. As you know, alot of the admins are extremely anal people and will index the shit out of whatever issue they're working on, but if you look at the issue immediately in front of or behind it, there's often practically nothing. The way you set up missing credits is fantastic because I can go to any letter of the alphabet I wish to work on and disregard material that is irrelevant like the Atlas comics or stuff I have no interest in like the reprint titles.
Darkseid01 20:00, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Spider-Carnage Edit
I think it might be part two. I capped the image quite some time ago. The S 23:42, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
re: Brad Edit
Nathan, could you have a look at my talk page? According to the admin page, you are the person to speak to about resolving disputes. When I hear no comment from you I feel that you are ok with this. This is not right. I am extremely upset with the situation.
Darkseid01 13:25, May 19, 2011 (UTC)
I am happy to make your acquaintance peteparker. name's the Mighty Thor and I'm new to this wikia site.
Uncredited production members Edit
I've seen, and used, a feature on templated comic pages that allows an editor to place the word "Uncredited" in a production field where a staff member was not listed, and the site will reflect this on the page. (I reference Amazing Adventures Vol 3 1, specifically the Colourist field. Notice that it does not link anything in the infobox, and it has removed the "Colourist Credit Needed" category on the page.) However, this only appears to work with the Colourist, Letterer, Editor, Inker, Writer and Penciler fields.
That fact brings me to Marvel Team-Up Vol 1 67. While reading through the comic adding in appearances and other info, it came to my attention that the Editor-in-Chief is not credited in the issue. I attempted to use the "Uncredited" feature here as well, but as you see on the page, it attempts to link to a staff member page for "Uncredited". It also lists a category on the page caller Uncredited/Editor-in-Chief.
So, would it be possible for you to enable the Uncredited feature in the EIC field when you have a moment? Thanks for your time. --Spencerz 16:22, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
Appearance category descriptors Edit
I noticed on another admin's talk page that there was talk about making appearence templates used on comic pages (like corpse, flashback/flashonly, mentioned, dream etc.) appear in an individual character's chronological appearances page. If this is true, I'd like to suggest a new template: Index. Or possibly Appendix. Much like the A template creates a basic appearence, the index/appendix could be used on Handbox or index issues and other similar issues. It would not create any extra green-colored text on the comic page, but in the appearance category, it could show up to inform the reader that the appearence was merely a profile or index entry. Thoughts? --Spencerz 02:48, May 22, 2011 (UTC)
Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1 160 Edit
Hey Pete i would like to let you know that on the catagory for week 25/June 22, 2011 i tried to put Ultimate Spider-Man #160 there (im talking about at the top of the page with the other comics, not the bottom with where it says catagorys)but it's not appearing there for some reason, could you tell how to put it over there, or could you do it, either way would be fine (Spiderfreak1011 05:55, May 23, 2011 (UTC))
Undoing Edits Edit
Hello Nathan, I'm just wondering what to do in the event that someone keeps undoing someone else' edits. It's very frustrating putting work into the articles on this wiki only to have someone undo them 5 minutes later, and even more so if they replace the new correct info with false information instead. Contacting them results in either argument or refusal to contact back. Thank you.
-Balfro 20:17, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for clearing that up and getting involved. I didn't so much mind having Johnny taken off because it "hasn't happened yet" as you mentioned, it was that the info was being changed to Liz Allan instead of Johnny which was flat out wrong. But I digress. I use the span tags because I noticed a while back that without them there tends to be an extra large gap between the first/second and second-last/last relatives/teams/whathaveyou. Now I can't be certain that everyone sees them this way, but with the span tags the listed items were spaced proportionally. If that makes any sense.
- -Balfro 21:54, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Here is what I see. Actually I notice it's not as bad as it used to be back when I first started using the span tags. But the gaps are still there. This is visible on both firefox and safari. I'm on a mac.
- -Balfro 22:12, May 23, 2011 (UTC)
Main Page Edit
I haven't been able to get on here ANYWHERE close to what I was with this new job I got. That being said, whoever is changing out the main page, give them props. One thing though... if I can't get on for a while again, we need to update the slider to have an X-Men and Captain America image/link soon. We need to be sure to have someone look into this (that is my only request) :) Other than that, you guys are doing a great job!!! As if you all needed my approval. ;) --M1shawhan 00:56, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
Classic Horror Comics Edit
So lately, I've been into some of the older Horror/Sci-Fi/Monster comics of Atlas and Marvel's older days, and I have a few question for you regaurding their catalouging on the site.
- 1. A number of the monsters in these stories are listed as falling into the Earth-616 designation. Should this hold true for all monsters (i.e. Martian Who Stole a City, who currently has no Earth-#), unless specifically stated otherwise in the story?
- 2. Should it be assumed that all of the stories themselves, unless specifially stated in the story, take place in Earth-616 designation?
- 3. And if a story clearly contridicts Earth-616 continuity, or specifically states that it is not in a normal continuity (i.e. Nothing Can Save Us from Marvel Tales #105, I believe, which states that the story takes place in the year 2088 A.D.), should these be set up with Tamporary Reality Number designations?
Just a few questions to better record the info from these aged and forgotten stories. --Spencerz 18:17, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
The user who blocked me before you did said gtfo when warning me. That is profanity and I don't like it. The user was Tupka217 and this happened on the DC Database.--1966batfan 20:44, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
I hear ya. I had to move up to the Ft worth area again for work and I am just now "settling in". I will still be in and out, but don't see myself on as much as I used to be in the long run. I hope to catch you on here at some point and we can go over the semantic stuff. LOL! You know YOU were the reason they probably cracked down on things in the first place... LOL!!! ;) --M1shawhan 03:59, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
Renaming Images Edit
How does one go about renaming images? I uploaded this image a while ago:
And just found out that it's actually the cover to issue #6, not #4. Thanks.
Balfro 03:52, June 1, 2011 (UTC)-
- Thanks man :)
- Balfro 14:53, June 2, 2011 (UTC)-
Sorry, I was being a dimwit. It was a good idea with the poll system, On this thursday could you please reinstall the poll system:) (could please make it so that they can't vote twice.) Thanks
The Observer 20:33, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
How Do I Change Spot Names? Edit
I accidently called a new page (Maggia 19999) Iron Man the Video Game, instead of its right name. How do I fix this?
The Observer 23:21, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
Marvel Answers Wiki... Ask a Marvelite Wiki? Edit
Greetings! I have been thinking, and I decided why don't we transform the website for marvel answers, marvelcomics.answers.wikia.com, and turn it into an Ask A Marvelite wiki, and maybe link it in navigation! Just a thought! If you decide yes, then contact me on my talk page and I will make you an admin if you wish, also. I hope you consider this offer! Bye! --ZTM1234 20:34, June 7, 2011 (UTC)
Not There? Edit
Blake Morrow Edit
Blake Morrow's from Millar and McNiven's Nemesis, an Icon book. I recently deleted the pages (nothing on them aside from basic details and a couple of images). I'd be for deleting the images as well, but I'm not sure how we handled the Kick-Ass images (would be a similar issue). --GrnMarvl14 01:49, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
Help with Earth-1610 Characters... Again... Edit
Hey man, quick question: Remember the status gallery thing you helped simplify for me? Well what happens when I try to forward one of the images when it was already named "First_Last_(Earth-1610)_th.jpg"? It works great for images that needed to be renamed/forwarded to that name scheme but images that were named that off the bat don't seem to want to forward when I upload newer ones. For example: Bruce_Banner_(Earth-1610)_th.jpg doesn't want to forward to . If you go directly to the image it seems to forward, but it won't work on the Earth-1610 page. Am I making any sense? lol
-Balfro 03:04, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Sure, If you can switch up the Hulk image that would be great. I'll have to keep this issue in mind for future images so I don't run into the same problem again. I don't want to have to call on you every time I feel the urge to switch up an image, lol. Thanks for the help :)
- -Balfro 03:49, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, this may have been what you were intending but I just gotta ask, can you simply delete the old one and NOT rename the new one with the old name? Just use the forwarding technique you taught me? That way at least the Hulk can be changed at any time without the above issue... If not, no worries.
- -Balfro 03:54, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2 2 Edit
Hey Pete long time no see, i just wanted to say sorry about the Peter Parker Article problem and i won't do that again. Anyway Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2 2 Doesn't have a picture of the cover, can you fix it?
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2 2 Edit
Hey Pete long time no see, i just wanted to say sorry about the Peter Parker Article problem and i won't do that again. Anyway Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Vol 2 2 Doesn't have a picture of the cover, can you fix it? (Spiderfreak1011 03:53, July 3, 2011 (UTC)).
Oh sorry, i thought they did, well thanks anyway.
Gwendolyne Stacy (Earth-1610)/Gwendolyne Stacy (Clone) (Earth-1610) Merge Edit
Hey, i was wondering if we could discuss merging the Gwendolyne Stacy (Earth-1610) page and the Gwendolyne Stacy (Clone) (Earth-1610) page like how the 2 Valeria Richards pages are merged, cause someone put on the end of the Gwendolyne Stacy (Earth-1610)Gwen seemed to later return, only to be found to be an exact genetic duplicate. Of the duplicate, Tony Stark said, if she was biologically 100% Gwen Stacy, and had her mind, "who are we to say she's anything but Gwen Stacy?" and so i was thinking that on the Gwendolyne Stacy Page after that sentence we could put Main Article Gwendolyne Stacy (Clone) (Earth-1610), so what do you think?
- I'm just chiming in here with my two cents: They are two completely different characters, so merging would just make things more confusing rather than less.
- -Balfro 02:24, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Oh ok i understand. (Spiderfreak1011 05:14, July 6, 2011 (UTC))
Bot Question Edit
Don't know if I've just stumbled upon your bot mid-move, or if there's something I'm missing, but I notice it recently removed a lot of move tags without moving the pages (Ben Reilly and Ben Urich pages). Is your bot misbehaving, am I missing a piece of the puzzle or, as I stated at the beginning, am I just posting this mid- (or pre-) move? --GrnMarvl14 00:49, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Check the 616 version of both. I THINK Reilly's is sourced (I know I've seen it before, but I can't recall if I sourced it or if there was a reason I didn't), and I know Urich's is, but both are listed as simply "Ben" in their Handbook entries.
- --GrnMarvl14 01:41, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Week 27 Edit
Hey Pete i wanted to let you know that it's already week 27 but on the page week 27 it doesn't have any comics from 2011 only 2010, do you know whats wrong with the page? (Spiderfreak1011 22:33, July 6, 2011 (UTC))
Thanks but the same thing is happening with Weeks 28 and 29 so can you do those too? (Spiderfreak1011 04:10, July 8, 2011 (UTC))
Alright but Pete look at week 34, it's August 24th right, well look at week 35 it's September 1st, then week 36 is August 31st, see the problem, do you think you could fix it? (Spiderfreak1011 21:09, July 9, 2011 (UTC))
Multiverse rehual Edit
So I've been working on redoing the page, and wanted to get some input. What would you think about drop down boxes, via something like a hide/show box? perhaps sort them by thousands (0-999, 1000-1999, ect.)? Or perhaps another tactic could be used. I was trying to think of ways not only to break up the large table, but to cut down the massive load time that comes with the page.
I also wanted your opinion about the large amount of information text found above and below the table. 1) is it plagerised from another source like wikipedia and 2) is any of it nesacary, or can it possibly be moved to a more appropriate page?
And i also remembered you mentioning the seperation of the "official" and "unofficial" realities due to some issues with the Marvel Appendix guys. One of the columns on the new table I'm working on is for a "source" of sorts; a reference of were a particular reality was named in an offical Marvel publication. with that in mind, could we combine the two sections, with the unofficial realities being left without a source? Or there souce being listed as the Appendix itself?
I personally think that if a source can't be provided for a reality in a Marvel print publication, it should end up with a TRN. Becuase the way it's set up now, the unofficial not only has realities found only on the Appedix site, but those realities with no actual number, that where created on this site for categorization prior to the TRN feature.
Either way, I would like to find a way to combine the sections so that it flows, but possibly have an indicator of those realities being Appendix realities.
If this rambling made any sense, let me know what you think. I'd like to have input from others before just throwing a new page up. --Spencerz 01:34, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
- If that's the case, than I think it's in the best intrest of the site to break the multiverse into sections. I even got a new computer recently, and he current layout still takes almost a full minute to load and scroll properly.
- And as for the official/unofficial realities, I think it can be done. I'll work on placing rename tags on all the realities that the current multiverse page marks as unofficial. I think it could take some time to sort through and double check everything, but as long as the bots cycle everything thru, and no one finds contradicting evidence, it should go smoothly.
- Out of curiosity, does any of this need to be cleared with the other admins? I'd like everybody on the same page before springing big changes. If anyone is going to object, I'd rather they do it now instead of later. --Spencerz 19:36, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
- In addition to the above, I'd like your opinion. I set up a litle test page --Spencerz 20:22, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Ultimate Fallout Edit
Pete, go to the Ultimate Fallout section it's useless, since the real article is Ultimate Comics Fallout, so can you delete the ultimate Fallout pages(the ones that say Ultimate Fallout Vol 1, and Ultimate Fallout Vol 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 but dont delete Ultimate Comics Fallout because that's where the real article is)? (Spiderfreak1011 21:12, July 9, 2011 (UTC))
Never mind it's fixed now. (Spiderfreak1011 21:12, July 9, 2011 (UTC))
Hey Pete, ive got a question, do Spider-Island tie-ins count as part of the story?
Also Can you create pages for Spider-Island: Cloak and Dagger Vol 1 2, Spider-Island: The Amazing Spider-Girl Vol 1 2, Spider-Island: Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Vol 1 1 and 2, Spider-Island: Avengers Vol 1 1, Spider-Island: Spider-Woman Vol 1 1, and Spider-Island: I Love New York City Vol 1 1? I'd do it myself, but i don't know where to find the pictures of the covers for the pages, if you have time can you do some of the pages, all do some of the others. (Spiderfreak1011 06:32, July 10, 2011 (UTC))
Number to Name Edit
Clearly it's been too long since I've tried editing the Number to Name page, because suddenly I'm forgetting how. Apparently we need to alter Earth-691 to link to Marvel Super-Heroes Vol 1 18, not Vol 2 18. If you can handle that for me or point me where to do it myself, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. --GrnMarvl14 01:31, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Not to intrude, but I saw your post, and took care of it. --Spencerz 03:00, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
Recent Questions Edit
See the recent questions box? That links to this wiki: [marvelcomics.answers.wikia.com]. I have said this before but I had no proof. (I forgot to take screenshots) Do you know why this is here? --⚜ZTM1234 (talk)⚜File:Nightcrawler-2-icon.png 23:01, July 15, 2011 (UTC)
Sylvia Nettlebaum/Adria Edit
User:Artful_Dodger directed me to you. The Doctor Strange villainnes Adria has her page at Sylvia Nettlebaum (Earth-616). However, that was just an alias she took in one story to try and fool Strange. She's only made one more appearance since that story, in one of Marvel's recent Girl Comics, and from what I can tell, they didn't retcon that into her real name. Do you think you could arrange a page move to "Adria (Earth-616)"? Thanks. Thanos6 03:28, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
Ultimate Comics Fallout Vol 1 1 Edit
Hey Pete, i was wondering since you already reviewed Ultimate Fallout #1 i was wondering if you could write the sypnosis for it, i'd do it myself but since the comic con's in town i haven't been able to get the issue, so if you can please do it, thanks! (Spiderfreak1011 22:31, July 23, 2011 (UTC))
Nate Grey/Cable Edit
New Mutants #28, Dani Moonstar says, "Nate is...Okay, Cable and Nate are the same person, but from Different dimensions." I know that she is not an expert, but that is pretty much what I've been saying all along. Nate Grey should be the Earth-295 version of Nathan Summers. In X-Men Omega Vol 1 #1, he was even named Nathan Summers. I know no one will agree, but I will just wait for an expert, such as Professor X or Beast to say it, because Dani Moonstar and Blaquesmith obviously don't know what they're talking about, when they say that Nate and Nathan are the same people in different versions. The only person I still agree with is GrnMarvl14, and it's only on one point, that they do not have the same parents. Technically, Madelyne Pryor-Summers and Jean Grey-Summers are not the same person and wouldn't be considered alternate versions of each other, so I can recognize only that difference.
- --Wazzirving 06:07, July 28, 2011 (UTC)wazzirving
Disambig template Edit
Hi there Pete Parker I Am IronMan444 My real name is Shane Camara I am 19 years old and i live in fall river and i like your reviews cause you give good and reasonable opinions on the comics and your very creative with the heroes you came up with i was very impressed since i a big fane of comics myself perticerly MARVEL and you definatly know what your talking about and ill trust your knowlage i look to you more often so this is it for now hope we can be freinds.
Your Fan Ironman444.
Character pages Edit
I did make a blog about this a while ago, but it hasn't really gone any further, so I thought I'd bring it up here and on the talk pages of some other editors that I've seen around the place, because I don't really know where else to take it. So, feel free to bring this up amongst other editors or somewhere or something... My blog was as follows:
- So, I'm relatively new to the Marvel universe. I got interested in it firstly by watching TV shows and films, but most of my knowledge comes from this site, as I haven't ever read a comic book. Having learned this stuff from this wiki, I know that it would greatly benefit from making the history section of characters expandable. That way, each character's page would have a few paragraphs in the history section, summarising a few really important events in its main history. Then this could be extended, providing a more detailed history. That way, the general idea of the history can be gathered without having to sort through multiple paragraphs of complex history.
I think that something needs to be done about it, because there is over fifty years of history in some of those characters, and it just gets too overwhelming. It would probably take a long time to put into place, but I think overall, it would be worth it. --Professor Kilroy 13:30, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Hello? Care to respond? --Professor Kilroy 01:47, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Harasar and I decided that an idea possibly better than an expanded history page, is a new section in the character template called "Overview". It would be displayed before the "History" section to give a brief idea of things like their origin, how they received their powers (or became who they became), some important alliances and teams involved with, some important storylines and events involved with, regular villains, and perhaps their current whereabouts. That way it is still all on the one page. Do you think this is an achievable concept? --Professor Kilroy 23:04, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Hello? Care to respond? --Professor Kilroy 01:47, August 14, 2011 (UTC)
- If I may chime in, could you make sure that the Overveiw field is an optional field? Some characters, like the one time characters and monsters from the horror comic days, don't have enough info to need both an Overveiw and History. --Spencerz 04:42, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
- You got it, it's optional, and shouldn't show up without being filled in. :)
- You legend. I saw the Calvin Rankin page, and it looks great! --Professor Kilroy 13:18, August 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Hang on, what treatment did you give those pages? --Professor Kilroy 22:38, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
- That's brilliant man, but aren't we putting overviews on these pages? --Professor Kilroy 14:48, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Sweet, man! Those Overviews look fantastic! --Professor Kilroy 01:01, September 10, 2011 (UTC)
Block me Edit
Could you please block me due to my work on AOW? Thanks. http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff258/truckthis/emoticons/themoticon-0159-music.gif Mystery UkuleleMan | Talk | Blog | Subscribe | 2nd/test account | 16:23, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
hey man glad you responded thanks for that hope to here from you again.
username change? Edit
I'm attempting to change my username, and I'm not sure about the protocol. I'd imagine only admin can change it. I read the main wiki username change here , but the template doesn't seem to work on this wiki. Can you help me out?
- --Freyseagrove 19:55, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Hi, to change your username on Wikia you must request it via Special:Contact Charitwo (talk) 20:36, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
User: Comicsoldier Edit
The Multiverse Edit
I've been working on a rehual of the Multiverse page, and would like to have some feedback from admins and regular contributors. I was hoping you'd weigh in here. Thanks in advance. --Spencerz 01:16, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
Background Possibilities Edit
Hey, I know that in the past you've had holiday-themed backgrounds, and was wondering, although slightly obscure and a while away, if you would consider having Pyro or something up for Australia Day (26th Jan)? --Professor Kilroy 10:35, August 30, 2011 (UTC)
power grids gone? Edit
I was curious about why the power grids have disapeared from the character pages? Dhahn24 02:13, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah. Should have known it was something easy. I just didn't think to check the template page. Thanks for sorting it out. As you can see, we had a LOT of people asking about them (which is good, no? People don't ask about things they don't like).
- --GrnMarvl14 23:40, September 8, 2011 (UTC)
The 198 Edit
And I've responded!
btw, nice to see you back. --Spencerz 00:38, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
Cool video reviews man.
Page Not Loading Edit
Got a report from a user that this page: http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1 - is not rendering. I figure it's probably something to do with templates, so do you mind taking a look and getting back to me if you think we did something bad on our end? --daNASCAT (help forum | blog) 17:21, September 15, 2011 (UTC)
Kevin Sydney Edit
That was a complete misunderstanding of your text. I FUBAR'ed, when I read your comment on his talk page. I thought the opposite, that you were saying you read that his name WAS Kevin Sydney in your old books. I thought it was kind of weird that you would say that and not change the name. Sorry about that. The bio change wasn't a big deal. I just went into more detail. The original edit is still in there, I just added to it, in some areas, much like when you put the "Overview" at the top.
- --Wazzirving 10:51, September 19, 2011 (UTC)wazzirving
Hey there im StanLee4Ever, I like your Spider-Man Database. I have to ask, what do you think about spider-mans comics today?
R u kidding, THERE AWSOME
Miles Morales (Earth-1610).jpg Edit
Hello can you do me a favor and delete that pic of Miles Morales (Earth-1610).jpg please cause is a duplicate of Miles Morales (Earth-1610) 0004.jpg Tenlao
Austin Cao (Earth-616)Edit
The template on that page is pretty messed up right now especially the first appearance section and I can't find a way to fix it. -Adv193 04:08, September 26, 2011 (UTC)
Creating pages Edit
Do you know what's up with the new page creation layout? When you click on a red link, a new pop-up window comes up with some vary limited template options to create a page. And, if a page is created using these new methods, it creates some very bizzare quirks (look at, and try to edit, The Bannermen to see what I'm talking about.) Is there anyway to disable this? It seems like it's a Wikia thing, and not a Database thing. --Spencerz 05:44, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
Hi there. I accidentally made a page when I was editing my blog and it somehow turned into an actual page. It was completely unintentional and I was wondering if you could delete it. It's called XV DEaD ShOT xV/ My Marvel Fan Character: Target. XV DEaD ShOT xV 01:26, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Nathan, for the last few days I've noticed that I've not been able to add new pages to Marvel Wiki, I click on the "Add a Page" link and get:
No such special page You have requested a special page that is not recognized by Marvel Database. A list of valid special pages can be found at Special pages.
Is there a reason for this, or is it a glitch? I've been away from the Wiki for a while and only just came back recently, so may have "missed a memo." HamsterMan 14:33, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for your help Nathan, will give it a go. HamsterMan 19:15, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
The Appendix Edit
I didn't know the rule. I was just googleing images not on MDB and uploaded them. I was on vacation until now and will be back in 1 week. Sorry about the trouble. :(
MarvelFan1001 15:39, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
RE:Red Links Edit
No, the issue seems to be fixed. The red link on my page brought up the traditional blank edit page. --Spencerz 05:09, October 5, 2011 (UTC)