King Midas is widely remembered in Ancient Greek mythology for his ability to turn everything he touched into gold. This came to be called the golden touch, or the Midas touch.
King Midas found the wandering Silenus, the Satyr and companion of the god Dionysus. For his kind treatment he was rewarded by Dionysus with a wish. The king wished that all he touched might turn to gold, but when his food became gold and he nearly starved to death as a result, he realized his error. He hugged his daughter a she was turned to gold.
A man summons the ghost of King Midas and demands his power to turn objects to gold. He thinks that he will be more clever than Midas and just get the power in his right hand so that he can eat with his left, but he gets in a vehicle accident and they amputate his left hand.
- 2 Appearances of Midas (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Midas (Earth-616)
- Media Midas (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Midas (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Midas (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Midas (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|