Brazilian artist Mike Deodato, Jr. (born Deodato Taumaturgo Borges Filho) has become an enduring fan favorite, working in styles ranging from wildly energetic cartooning to moody photorealism. His father, also a Brazilian comic-book artist, inspired Deodato's lifelong love of comics and guided his son's artistic development. A professional artist since 1985, Deodato often collaborated with his father on comics in a wide variety of genres. Always a fan of American comics, Deodato broke into the U.S. market with projects like Malibu's Santa Claws and Innovation's Beauty and the Beast. Switching from his original realistic style to an Image-influenced dynamism during the early 1990s, he made a name for himself with a popular run on DC Comics' Wonder Woman. Sometimes aided by assistants, Deodato became one of the decade's most prolific and in-demand artists, including Marvel credits such as Avengers, Elektra, Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man and Thor. Gradually feeling overexposed and overextended, he cut back on his workload and reinvented his art again, crafting a darker, more detailed, more personally satisfying style. After trying out this new look in a Nightcrawler story for X-Men Unlimited, Deodato landed one of his favorite assignments to date, collaborating with writer Bruce Jones on Incredible Hulk. Subsequent assignments for the currently Marvel-exclusive artist have included Witches, New Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, Thunderbolts and his latest ongoing series, Wolverine: Origins.
- 257 subject(s) created by "Mike Deodato Jr."
- 498 work(s) where "Mike Deodato Jr." created a cover
- 2 work(s) that "Mike Deodato Jr." wrote
- 293 work(s) that "Mike Deodato Jr." penciled
- 222 work(s) that "Mike Deodato Jr." inked
- 1 work(s) that "Mike Deodato Jr." colored
Images Drawn by Mike Deodato Jr.
- 813 covers drawn by "Mike Deodato Jr."
- 669 images penciled by "Mike Deodato Jr."
- 493 images inked by "Mike Deodato Jr."
- 2 images colored by "Mike Deodato Jr."