Appearing in "Haiwan Holiday"
Synopsis for "Haiwan Holiday"
Millie, Chili and Toni are in Hawaii for a week's holiday. Chili decides to enter a surfing contest but Millie delines as she's never surfed before whilst Toni just wants to sunbathe. Whilst Chili performs well, Millie is swimming when she sees a man abandon his surfboard and swim for home. Millie decides to try and take the board in and finds herself surfing the waves. The contest judges are about to award first prize to Chili when they see Millie and assume she's a final contestant. They approach Millie with the trophy but she confesses she was never even in the contest so Chili is awarded it, commenting that Millie is "the best enemy a girl ever had!"
Appearing in "High Flying Millie"
- Lady Salome Fashion Company representative
- Amusement park
- New York
- Lady Salome Building
- Hanover modelling agency
Synopsis for "High Flying Millie"
The models are doing are a fashion shoot for the Lady Salome Fashion Company at an amusement park. Chili is jealous of Millie and so decides to give her a little scare by loosening the rope on a balloon Millie and Jill are posing in. Unfortunately the ballon goes free and takes off. A representative of Lady Salome tells Howard that if there is bad publicity then the company will sue, but Howard is more concerned about the women's safety. The balloon drifts over New York and Jill pulls a cord that releases the gas. The balloon comes down to land on the roof of the Lady Salome building where a fashion show is in progress. The arrival is assumed a publicity stunt. The next day the company representative visits the agency and apologises as the incident has brought huge positive publicity; he gives Millie and Jill a bonus.
Appearing in "A Lovely View ... You!"
- Sue Sherry
- Parade organisers
Synopsis for "A Lovely View ... You!"
Millie's cousin Dee-Dee is in a park, awaiting an outdoor shoot for her very first assignment, when Sue arrives. Sue is jealous and tricks Dee-Dee into going home to change and then going to a parade ground on the other side of town. Dee-Dee takes Sue at her word despite Stacey doubting it. When the photographers arrive in the park, Dee-Dee is absent and so Sue takes the assignment as planned - only to learn it's modelling gloves and Dee-Dee was given the assignment to cut her nerves. Meanwhile Dee-Dee arrives at a parade ground where they need a new "Miss Parade" immediately as the selected one has been taken ill. Dee-Dee announces she has arrived and mistakenly believes this is her assignment. She leads the parade. Sue walks home, fuming on how her face national exposure has failed,, then sees on television that Dee-Dee leading the parade has been broadcast nationwide.
- Fashions and hair-dos in the third story include those designed by readers Lily Shore, Janice Brodsky, Dana Matthews and Teresa Smith.
- This issue features a letters page, Millie's Marvelous Mail, answered by Millie herself. Letters are published from Lydia A. Cooper, Edie Jacques, Cathy Aldrich and Kay Strong.
- This issue contains several pages featuring readers' designs:
- The "In" Look... Pant-Suits for Paty Goers! features designs by readers Debra Shields, Dianne Nobles and Mary Albers.
- Millie models Casuals features designs by readers Debbie Faltz, Susan Upchurch, Valerie Draeger, Cinda Hawkins, Laura Thornton and Joanne Gallagher.
- Toni, Millie & Chili in Fancy Pants features designs by readers Cindy Budzinski, Lauren Ballowe and Sherry Jenkin.
- Chili models Modern Mods features designs by readers Debi Sedeecky, Linda Ethridge, Carolyn Natcliff and Kay Stewart.
- Millie, Jill, Toni & Chili model... Caps-Berets & Accessories ... for those mod, mad moods features designs by readers Donna Dick, Syde Wamsley, Pamela Bagby, Joanna Bocka, Kathy Blanchard, Shelley Terill and Patricia Chambliss.
- Millie, Toni, Jill & Chili - modeling the "mod" At-Home Coats & Gowns features designs by readers Jana Labrenz, Delilah Hahn, Dolores Robisan and Belinda Sherman.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Millie the Model Vol 1 150 on the forums
- 1 Images from Millie the Model Vol 1 150
|Like this? Let us know!|