Traveling to Earth, Mister E took a NASA scientist named Louis Tuttle as its host and infected the staff at Cape Canaveral with offshoots in order to turn them into shadow slaves. Mister E had its shadow slaves modify a space shuttle to emit negatron particles, intending to transform the sun into a black star - thus killing all life on Earth save those he planned to convert into an army of shadow slaves he would use to conquer the universe.
However, Mister E was opposed by Steven Coffin, who had become the host of the Uni-Power and transformed into Captain Universe. Wreathing the space shuttle in darkness, Mister E flew it towards the sun; battling Captain Universe when he boarded the solar shuttle. Mister E was seemingly killed when Captain Universe breeched the shuttle's hull and caused it to fly into the sun, but survived and returned to Earth.
Travelling to Ravencroft Institute, Mister E bonded to Alistair Smythe and used him to turn the staff into shadow slaves, creating an eclipse by channelling the power of the Shadow Realm back through the timestream. Encountering Spider-Man, Mister E recognized his symbiote as one of its brethren and enthusiastically greeted him, only to be confused when his "brother" attacked him. Incapacitated by the Black Knight, who attempted to interrogate it, Mister E cryptically remarked that while creation moves forward through time, uncreation moves backwards; before seemingly freeing itself and escaping into the shadows. Disguising itself as Merlin, Mister E sent the shadow slave-controlled Ned Leeds to attack J. Jonah Jameson in order to lure Spider-Man away, then lured the Black Knight into a trap. Mister E attempted to trick the Black Knight into willingly surrendering the Ebony Blade to it, but he saw through its trick at the last moment. Taking the Ebony Blade by force, Mister E impaled the Black Knight on his own sword and left - intending to use it to free Knull from his interstellar prison.
Comprised of living darkness, Mister E is capable of manifesting tendrils, wings, and claws; can become intangible, and can also merge to surfaces like a shadow. It is capable of producing offshoots to take over other beings and turn them into subservient "shadow slaves" it can control.
- Ebony Blade: After tricking the Black Knight, Mister E stole his blade from him, intending to use it to free his god.
- Marvel Spotlight Vol 2 #9 described Mister E as an entity from the a parallel dimension called the "Shadowverse" - populated by similar beings such as Shadow Man and Kaa - which he intended to conquer by creating an army of shadow slaves. However, the solicit for Symbiote Spider-Man: King in Black #1 describes Mister E as being an early creation of Knull's.
- 4 Appearances of Mister E (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Mister E (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Media Mister E (Klyntar) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images featuring Mister E (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mister E (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Mister E (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Mister E at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|