While posing as the man known as Barrington, Black Tom Cassidy freed a mutant named Mondo from the Hellfire Club and their applicant, Cordelia Frost. Seeing an opportunity to infiltrate his cousin Banshee's school at the Massachusetts Academy, Black Tom created a duplicate of Mondo using his growing plant-life control powers. When Cordelia went to Emma Frost, her sister and headmistress of the Massachusetts Academy, for help, "Mondo" was rescued by Generation X and subsequently accepted an invitation to join the school.
However, Generation X later learned that the Mondo they had rescued wasn't the real Mondo but a clone. As Banshee and Emma Frost did battle with Black Tom, the Mondo clone began hunting down the members of Generation X. As the Mondo clone was about to attack Jubilee, however, it was shot dead by the anti-mutant militant Bastion, chief operative of Operation: Zero Tolerance.
Matter Absorption: Capable of taking on the properties of any organic or inorganic material he comes into contact. When using his power, Mondo is able to grow in mass with an assumed proportionate growth in strength to superhuman levels. Mondo can absorb matter into his body, gaining the mass, appearance, and other properties of the matter in question. This change will remain until Mondo's body "digests" the organic matter, which is then disintegrated.
- Matter Manipulation
- Strength Enhancement
- Mass Enhancement
- Appearance Change
- Organic Travel: Mondo is also able to use his power to travel through organic matter, such as dirt, and can appear instantaneously in the immediate vicinity of where he entered the earth.
- 13 Appearances of Mondo (Clone) (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Mondo (Clone) (Earth-616)
- Media Mondo (Clone) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Mondo (Clone) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Mondo (Clone) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Mondo (Clone) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|