- An alternate future. One in which A.I.M. created a perfect assassin. An enemy used that perfect assassin and turned himself into the Devil incarnate. This is a world where fear, barbarism, and superstition rule. It is a place where science is dead, and progress has ground to a standstill. It is a world in which A.I.M. has utterly failed. And it is a world that A.I.M. is responsible for. It is our home for the foreseeable future. Pray we are alone.
- -- Monica Rappaccini src
Early LifeA promising biochemistry student at the University of Padua, Monica heard of the work of another physicist named Bruce Banner and sought him out. She met him in New Mexico and struck up a relationship which she used to steal as many secrets from him as she could. She would use this knowledge to win the Nobel Prize for her work in antitoxins.
She became disillusioned with the ways of the West and decided instead of working to heal people, she would instead concentrate on killing them. Her work on stopping toxins also made her the leading mind on the causation of poisons and stopping of antibodies, thus she implanted several children including her own daughter Carmilla Black (aka Scorpion). On her 16th birthday she sought out A.I.M. as she was programmed to do, but her daughter was already contacted by S.H.I.E.L.D.
When M.O.D.O.K. killed a Scientist Supreme, Monica assumed his position, and became leader of a cell away from M.O.D.O.K.'s control. She's made several attempts to seize power and enhance the size of her A.I.M. cell, but each time she was stopped, first by her own daughter and secondly through a betrayal by her old lover M.O.D.O.K.
Most recently, in Aljaferia, during an attempt to kidnap some important scientists, she tried to recruit Barbara Morse (Mockingbird), which was thwarted by Mockingbird herself and her ex-husband Ronin who hit her phasing belt with an arrow, making her teleport somewhere out of town.
She returned to a role in Andrew Forson's New A.I.M. following Forsons attempt to create and AIM Empire.
Monica Rappaccini possesses no superhuman powers of her own.
- Genius-Level Intellect: As Scientist Supreme, the highest position held in A.I.M. must possesses considerable expertise in numerous scientific fields such as physics, chemstry biology, robotics, cybernetics, engineering. She is a genius-level biochemist and an authority on biological toxins.
She is likely to be able to employ a wide range of A.I.M. technologies.
She wears a phasing belt that allows her to teleport short distances.
- 48 Appearances of Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
- Media Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images featuring Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
- 4 Quotations by or about Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|