- An alternate future. One in which A.I.M. created a perfect assassin. An enemy used that perfect assassin and turned himself into the Devil incarnate. This is a world where fear, barbarism, and superstition rule. It is a place where science is dead, and progress has ground to a standstill. It is a world in which A.I.M. has utterly failed. And it is a world that A.I.M. is responsible for. It is our home for the foreseeable future. Pray we are alone.
- -- Monica Rappaccini src
A promising biochemistry student at the University of Padua, Monica heard of the work of another physicist named Dr. Bruce Banner and sought him out. She met him in New Mexico and struck up a relationship which she used to steal as many secrets from him as she could. She would use this knowledge to win the Nobel Prize for her work in antitoxins.
She became disillusioned with the ways of the West and decided instead of working to heal people, she would instead concentrate on killing them. Her work on stopping toxins also made her the leading mind on the causation of poisons and stopping of antibodies, thus she implanted several children including her own daughter Carmilla Black (aka Scorpion). On her daughter's 16th birthday, she sought out Carmilla through A.I.M., but her daughter was already contacted by S.H.I.E.L.D.
When M.O.D.O.K. killed a Scientist Supreme, Monica assumed his position and became the leader of a cell away from M.O.D.O.K.'s control. She made several attempts to seize power and enhance the size of her A.I.M. cell, but each time she was stopped, first by her own daughter and secondly through a betrayal by her old lovers M.O.D.O.K. and his son Sean Madigan as well as Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) and her Lightning Storm team who captured her and who helped take down Sean and his father.
She infiltrated MODOK's 11 along with an Ultra-Adaptoid in the form of the Chameleon. She joined him in hopes of stopping them from stealing the Hypernova weapon, that could wipe out all life on Earth. They recovered it but she offered M.O.D.O.K. $1 billion dollars in exchange for it which he agreed knowing how unstable the weapon was. It blew up in the A.I.M. base killing everyone inside, except Monica who was later revealed to still be alive.
In Aljaferia, during an attempt to kidnap some important scientists, she tried to recruit Barbara Morse (Mockingbird), which was thwarted by Mockingbird herself and her ex-husband Ronin who hit her phasing belt with an arrow, making her teleport somewhere out of town.
After Roberto da Costa bought A.I.M. he enlisted her help to clean the organization of evil scientists, but in the end she betrayed him. She returned to a role in Andrew Forson's new A.I.M. following Forson's attempt to create an A.I.M. Empire. After Da Costa defeated Andrew and officially became the new leader of A.I.M. she fled swearing vengeance Eventually she and Andrew returned to kill all the traitors of A.I.M. but they were easily defeated by Thor.
|Power Grid |
Genius-Level Intellect: As Scientist Supreme, the highest position held in A.I.M. must possess considerable expertise in numerous scientific fields such as physics, chemistry, biology, robotics, cybernetics, engineering. She is a genius-level biochemist and an authority on biological toxins.
She is likely to be able to employ a wide range of A.I.M. technologies.
She wears a phasing belt that allows her to teleport short distances.
- 52 Appearances of Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
- 4 Minor Appearances of Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
- Media Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 10 Images featuring Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
- 5 Quotations by or about Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Monica Rappaccini (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #15
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Incredible Hulk Vol 2 #87
- ↑ Avengers World #18
- ↑ New Avengers: The Reunion #3
- ↑ Amazing Fantasy Vol 2 #7-12
- ↑ Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #15-17
- ↑ Super-Villain Team-Up MODOK's 11 #2-5
- ↑ New Avengers: The Reunion #2-4
- ↑ Ms. Marvel Vol 2 #40-41
- ↑ Avengers Vol 4 #22-25
- ↑ Avengers World #18-19
- ↑ Avengers World #21
- ↑ Ravencroft #5
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 9
|Like this? Let us know!|