History of character is unknown.
- This character, known as the Master of the Monolith, was created by Robert E. Howard in "The Black Stone" (Weird tales, November, 1931), inspired "The Monster of the Monoliths!" (Conan the Barbarian #21, December, 1972) and was adapted in Savage Sword of Conan #74 (March, 1982).
- As pointed out by The Appendix, Robert E. Howard wrote other stories with similar characters, such as the Toad God from "The Thing on the Roof", published in Weird Tales in 1934, and adapted by Roy Thomas and Frank Brunner in Chamber of Chills #3 (March, 1973).
- Another "toad-thing" was introduced by Roy Thomas in "He Who Waits -- in the Well of Skelos!" (Conan the Barbarian #73, April, 1977), a story "freely adapted from a plot by Robert E. Howard". It is unclear if that "toad-thing" is the same as the Toad God.
- It is unclear if the "monstrous toad-like entity" mentioned in the Unausprechlichen Kulten's entry in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Mystic Arcana: The Book of Marvel Magic #1 is the Toad God or that toad-like thing.
- 2 Appearances of Monster of the Monoliths (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Monster of the Monoliths (Earth-616)
- Media Monster of the Monoliths (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Monster of the Monoliths (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Monster of the Monoliths (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Monster of the Monoliths (Earth-616)
- The Master of the Monolith at Wikipedia
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.