- In some ways it's liberating. Before the padded gloves, the cowl, that cloak. The voices in my head. All gone. Back to the basics. Before the spectacle of it all. When it was a job. Not a religion. When all I knew was what I knew.
- -- Moon Knight
Appearing in "The Death of Marc Spector, Part 1 of 5: Hell on Earth"
- Carson Knowles (Behind the scenes)
- Ordell (drug dealer) (Death)
Synopsis for "The Death of Marc Spector, Part 1 of 5: Hell on Earth"
S.H.I.E.L.D. is charged with tracking down the renegade Marc Spector, aka, Moon Knight, who is in gross violation of the Superhuman Registration Act. They bring in several of Marc's closest allies and interrogate them, including his former lover Marlene Alraune, his fellow-mercenary Jean-Paul Duchamp, and his butler Samuels. The results of the interrogation are inconclusive and S.H.I.E.L.D. director Tony Stark grows more frustrated with each passing moment.
Meanwhile, the Profile visits Michael O'Brien, one of Moon Knight's recent victims, in a state correctional facility. He feeds O'Brien's already unstable personality with thoughts of revenge, and promises that he will do everything in his power to get him out of prison.
Later, NSA agent Raymond Sikorsky addresses Tony Stark and Maria Hill aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. He brow beats them over their embarrassing failure to sanction Marc Spector. To punctuate his lamentation, he pulls the Spector case out of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s jurisdiction, citing that it is now an NSA matter.
In the city, Marc Spector, wearing a different masked outfit from his traditional garb, bursts into a housing project and beats up a crew of gang-bangers. He feels that working without the shadow of Khonshu hanging over his head is extremely liberating.
- This issue shipped with an alternate cover illustrated by Jason Pearson.
- Samuels is addressed as "Samuel" in this issue. It has never been clarified whether Samuel is his first name or his last name.
- Despite the cover illustration(s), Venom and the rest of the Thunderbolts do not appear in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Moon Knight Vol 5 21 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Moon Knight Vol 5 21
|Like this? Let us know!|