- If man... If man made me, then they are God. And you are titans, their spoiled lineage... But while you war, we children sit in judgment of those above us... We judge and find you both wanting. Do you hear us, Olympus? We have stolen your fire... and with it, we will burn you all.
- -- Mother Mold src
The Mother Mold was an artificial intelligence developed by Orchis as part of its efforts to fight against mutantkind. Instead of building common Sentinels, like Master Molds, the Mother Mold was created to build new Master Molds.
The X-Men learned of the existence of Orchis through X's and Moira X's program Sleeping Giant. The X-Men then learned of Mother Mold after Emma Frost, Toad, and Sabretooth successfully retrieve data about it from Damage Control's computers.
Fearing that Mother Mold's development could lead to the creation of Nimrod Sentinels, the X-Men were dispatched to destroy Mother Mold before it came online, by releasing the four control collars that attached Mother Mold to the Orchis' space station. The X-Men were successful in freeing three of the four collars, but Mystique, who was supposed to the free the final one, was sucked out into the vacuum of space by Orchis before she could. This forced Nightcrawler to teleport Wolverine out into the final collar so he could slice away at it with his claws in order to release Mother Mold. Wolverine was successful, though it cost him and Nightcrawler their lives.
- 1 Appearances of Mother Mold (Earth-616)
- 3 Minor Appearances of Mother Mold (Earth-616)
- Media Mother Mold (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Mother Mold (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Mother Mold (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Mother Mold (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|