- And I sort of accidentally blasted him in the crotch. Seven times in the crotch. Poor guy turned blue.
- -- Ms. Marvel
Appearing in "Best of the Best"Edit
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Main story and flashback)
- Sarah Day (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- "Jessica Drew" (Only in flashback)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- Agent 13 (Sharon Carter)
- Vincent (Only in flashback)
- Jake, kid (Only in flashback)
- Fantastic Four (Mentioned)
- Astonishing X-Men (Mentioned)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
- New Avengers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Human-Kree Hybrids (Main story and flashback)
- Skrulls (Only in flashback)
- Broods (Cameo)
- North America (Main story and flashback)
- South America
- Mach Four (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Best of the Best"Edit
Carol Danvers, the former Avenger once known as Warbird, has returned to her original identity – Ms. Marvel. She flies down through New York City where she finds Stilt Man terrorizing some citizens. Stilt Man flings a car through the air where it nearly strikes a group of children. Ms. Marvel swoops down, catches the car and throws it back at Stilt Man. She then finishes him off with an energy blast.
Later, Carol meets with her close friend, Jessica Drew. She tells Jessica about her experiences with Stilt Man and the fact that she has yet to establish a true name for herself. She further details her recent meeting with public relations agent, Sarah Day. Sarah promised to help Carol refine her public image.
Carol leaves Jessica and flies across town looking to promote herself. Suddenly, a glowing green object streaks past her and she begins to chase after it. Concerned over whether this unidentified object poses a threat, she contacts Captain America. Cap is busy fighting H.Y.D.R.A. agents with Agent-13 and cannot currently assist her.
The green object crashes on the outskirts of Spaulding, Georgia and explodes in a blinding flash of light. Ms. Marvel descends into the epicenter of the blast and discovers that the cause of the phenomenon is a horde of Brood aliens. The Brood begin mercilessly attacking nearby pedestrians.
- No special notes.
Straight out of the pages of NEW AVENGERS and HOUSE OF M! Call your friends, wake the neighbors, shout it from the rooftops! For the first time in over two decades, Ms. Marvel stars in her own ongoing series!
- Ms. Marvel Vol 1, Avengers Vol 3
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|