Appearing in "The Death of Ms. Marvel: Part 1 of 3"
- Carol Danvers/"Catherine Donovan" (Main story and flashback)
- Dark Avengers (On-screen)
- Ghazi Rashid
- Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) (Appears in flashback and onscreen in main story)
- Church of Hala
- Brother Nathan Jefferson (On-screen)
- Sister Robertson (Mentioned)
- Other members (Corpse)
- Officer Jimmy
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Essential (Mentioned)
- C.I.A. (Mentioned)
- Captain Marvel (Khn'nr/"Mar-Vell") (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Human-Kree Hybrids (Main story and flashback)
- Kree (Only in flashback)
- Kree-Cockroach Hybrids
- Klyntars (On-screen)
- Mutants (On-screen)
- Olympians (On-screen)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Ms. Marvel's Suit (Main story and flashback)
- Captain Marvel's Suit and Nega-Bands
- Venom symbiote (On-screen)
- Wolverine's Suit (On-screen)
- Hawkeye's Suit, Bow & Trick Arrows (On-screen)
- Iron Patriot Armor Model 1 (On-screen)
- Space Shuttle (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Death of Ms. Marvel: Part 1 of 3"
The Charleston, South Carolina, branch of the Church of Hala is in crisis now that Noh-Varr has taken on the mantle of their savior, Captain Marvel, as a member of Norman Osborn’s Avengers.
Meanwhile, Carol Danvers is at the N.S.A. with her allies Michael Rossi and Rick Mason. After Rossi gives Carol documents for her new identity - magazine journalist Catherine Donovan - Mason shares what he’s learned from the data Carol got from Essential. Essential’s information shows that Norman Osborn provided Ghazi Rashid with something called Ascension that granted Rashid powers. Before the three of them can work out the rest of Osborn’s plan, news breaks of a mass suicide at the Church of Hala in Charleston. After Carol sees Noh-Varr in the news footage of the crowd, she decides to go to South Carolina to confront him.
Carol finds Noh-Varr outside of the church and attacks him. Noh-Varr restrains Carol but does not fight back, instead telling her that the Mar-Vell that inspired the creation of the Church of Hala died in his arms and was actually a Skrull. He flies off, leaving a defiant Carol behind.
Back at the N.S.A., Mason says he’s figured out where Osborn found Ascension and how he got it into Rashid’s hands.
Rashid is walking through a market in Islamabad with an associate named Asif. Asif tells Rashid that he is acting desperate in aligning himself with Norman Osborn. Rashid then detonates a suitcase bomb, killing Asif and the shoppers around them. Rashid emerges from the flames and walks away unharmed.
- A mass suicide by a branch of the Church of Hala has claimed the lives of twenty families.
- With Captain Marvel gone, Carol Danvers investigates this tragedy performed in his name, putting her directly in the path of would be Captain Marvel replacement: Noh Varr.
Links and References
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|