Appearing in "War of the Marvels, Chapter 1: First Engagement"
- A.I.M. agents (Cameo)
- Sentry (Rob Reynolds)
- Dark Avengers (Mentioned)
- Norman Osborn (Mentioned)
- New Avengers (Cameo)
- Catherine Donovan (Cameo)
- Harold (an anchor) (Voice)
Races and Species:
- Captain America's Shield (Cameo)
- A JetRed Passenger Plane
Synopsis for "War of the Marvels, Chapter 1: First Engagement"
The two Ms. Marvels - Norman Osborn’s Avenger, Karla Sofen, and the newly revived original, Carol Danvers - fight viciously through Los Angeles. They crash through the La Brea Tar Pits, a movie premiere, and onto Interstate-405, causing massive collateral damage and drawing the attention of a news crew. When Carol gets distracted with saving a family put in danger by the fight, Karla takes advantage and pummels her with a car.
Karla’s victory is short-lived though, as Carol grabs her by the throat and flies them both straight up into the air. The two Ms. Marvels slam into a passing passenger jet and Karla throws Carol into one of its engines, causing the engine to explode. The Sentry arrives suddenly and catches the jet before it can go down. He tells Karla that she is putting the entire city of Los Angeles in danger and that Osborn sent him to collect her, or to kill her if he has to.
Elsewhere, Catherine Donovan - Carol Danvers’ most recent cover identity - watches the news coverage of the Ms. Marvels’ battle in disbelief.
- WAR OF THE MARVELS begins here! Karla Sofen battles for her life in the streets of Los Angeles as an exciting new chapter in the history of Ms. Marvel begins!
- Guest starring the New Avengers and...someone we can't tell you about!
- This issue is reprinted in the trade Ms. Marvel: War of the Marvels.
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|