- There is only one thing I want to do more than crush this Moonstone and snap your neck... I want to see you redeem yourself.
Appearing in "Conclusion"
- Moonstone/Ms. Marvel (Karla Sofen)
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Merged with Catherine Donovan)
- Catherine Donovan (Merged back with Carol)
Synopsis for "Conclusion"
Karla Sofen, with the persona of Catherine Donovan controlling her body, is confused. Deep in her mind, portrayed as the apartment she grew up in, Sofen is stuck to a chair with a sticky green substance, with Donovan sitting on the next couch. Sofen, calling Donovan Danvers, demands to know what's going on. In the real world, Carol Danvers throttles her body down to the ground but she doesn't fight back. In her mind, Donovan is distracted by the appearance of her cat Chewie, as Sofen is engulfed in the substance, sending her deep into her subconscious, where she comes face-to-face with her mother, standing right by the moonstone. The memory of her mother forces her to confront who she really is and Sofen becomes Moonstone once again, both in her mind and the real world. She then forces Donovan out of her mind and back into Danvers, thus making Ms. Marvel whole again. With renewed fury, Ms. Marvel uses the knowledge she gained while her other half was in Moonstone to tear the Kree gravity stone out of her body. Weakened and powerless, Sofen asks Danvers to kill her. However, Danvers relents, stating that she already did.
Later, at Avengers Tower, Sofen explains to Osborn that without the moonstone, she will die in 72 hours. She goes out to find the moonstone, remembering what Ms. Marvel told her yesterday. Ms. Marvel told her that she should rethink her life working for Osborn, and become the type of woman her mother would be proud of. She finds the moonstone at her mother's grave, before smashing it and leaves.
WAR OF THE MARVELS: THE FINAL CHAPTER There’s only room for one Ms. Marvel, and both Carol Danvers and Karla Sofen will kill to take the mantle.
- It’s the ultimate showdown of Dark Reign as the lines between good and evil are blurred…and the last Ms. Marvel standing will face the surprise ending of the year!
- This issue is reprinted in the trade Ms. Marvel: War of the Marvels.
- Special thanks to Akihide Yanagi.
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|