Appearing in "You Bet Your Life"
- Marco Sanzionare (First appearance)
- Sports Inside Van (First appearance)
Synopsis for "You Bet Your Life"
- NFL Superpro was a short-lived comic by Marvel Comics, produced in collaboration with the NFL, written by Fabian Nicieza. It started 1991 and ended after 12 issues The hero of this comic is Phil Grayfield, an ex-NFL-football player who survived a freak accident and wears a near-indestructible football uniform.
- Due to cliched plotting, stock characters, bad plots and cheesy in-fight references to American Football, NFL Superpro has been widely panned as one of the worst comics in recent Marvel Comics history, becoming an Ed Wood-type cult object. In the #1 issue alone, Nicieza writes a story riddled with plot holes, such as letting Grayfield put on the super uniform despite establishing "it was molded on an individual basis", not explaining why the thieves incinerate "priceless" NFL merchandise instead of stealing it, and ignoring that Grayfield was morally obliged to give back the uniform after bringing the looters to justice, making a thief of the supposed superhero.
- In 2005, the Chicago Sports Review called it "perhaps the worst comic book ever created".
- Fabian Nicieza admits he wrote the story basically to gain free NFL tickets. He states that even after 15 years, he still receives flak for his comic. Furthermore, NFL Superpro #6 had to be pulled from the shelves because it contained racist content. It pictured Native American Hopis as backwards and hateful.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss NFL Superpro Vol 1 1 on the forums
- 6 Images from NFL Superpro Vol 1 1
Links and References
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at NFL Superpro. The list of authors can be seen in the Superpro&action=history page history. As with Marvel Universe, the text of Wikipedia:Wikipedia is available under the Wikipedia:GNU Free Documentation License.|
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|