World War II
The Nazis were a group of fanatical Germans who attempted to take over the world during World War II. They took control of the German government during the 1930's and were led by a man named Adolf Hitler. The Nazi Party was a political party that rose due to the effects of the Great Depression, having antisemitic, anti-monarchist and anti-Marxist views, and believing in the superiority of Germans, whom nationalists claimed to be part of the Aryan “master race.” So they started to eliminate "inferior races," like the Jews, creating concentration camps designed to torture and extinguish them. The most famous and terrible of all was Auschwitz in Poland, where Magneto passed his childhood. They also sent many spies to steal American secrets or destroy them. They were stopped by Captain America and the Invaders. They also abolished the symbols of the Weimar Republic.
The Nazis possessed advanced technology, results of the experiments of three core Nazi scientists. The possibly greatest of these was named Arnim Zola, who specialized in conscience transference and the creation of artificial life. Another Nazi, perhaps as great as Zola, yet far more subversive, was Baron Heinrich Zemo. He specialized in laser technology and created an adhesive called Adhesive X. The most terrible, yet least devoted to the Nazi's cause, was a mutated geneticist named Nathaniel Essex a.k.a. Mister Sinister. Sinister only associated with Nazis so he could study the genetic potential of the so called "master race." He also wanted to collect DNA samples from prisoners in the concentration camps.
The Nazis were eventually defeated by the Allies in 1945. Zola transferred Hitler's consciousness into a clone he dubbed, Hate-Monger. Both Hitler and Zola headed for parts unknown. Baron Zemo fled to South America and Mister Sinister vanished. Hitler's right-hand man, Red Skull, formed his own organization bent on world domination. Another Nazi operative, Baron von Strucker, formed Hydra, an international terrorist organization.
V2-missiles, Adhesive X, Panzer tanks, Tiger Tanks, MP40 submachine-gun, MG42 machine-gun
- The Nazis were almost the first Marvel villains, because most of the Golden Age comics presented Hitler or other Nazis as the principal villains for Captain America, Human Torch, Namor, The Angel, and many other heroes.
- 375 members of National Socialist German Workers Party (Earth-616)
- 593 appearance(s) of National Socialist German Workers Party (Earth-616)
- 61 minor appearance(s) of National Socialist German Workers Party (Earth-616)
- 183 mention(s) of National Socialist German Workers Party (Earth-616)
- 81 image(s) of National Socialist German Workers Party (Earth-616)
- 2 item(s) used/owned by National Socialist German Workers Party (Earth-616)