The National Union of Retired Sports Experts (N.U.R.S.E.) was created to help ex-Game players adapt to civilian life. Instead it ran a racket demanding money in exchange for protection.
The World Development Council created the National Union of Retired Sports Experts in 8158 to help relocate ex-Game players now that the Game was cancelled. The headquarters of the organization, N.U.R.S.E. Central, was in London.
Starick was one of N.U.R.S.E. employees. Like others in the union, he learned to use N.U.R.S.E. to his personal advantage. However, his sideline incomes were noted by the organization, forcing him to fake his own death and run.
Having realized that the police would not be effective against many of the ex-Game teams, N.U.R.S.E. spent months lobbying the World Development Council to employ Dragon's Claws to serve as government enforcers.
In 8162, N.U.R.S.E. sent military police to eliminate the Evil Dead, who were refusing to pay. Not surprisingly, all 49 policemen were killed. After this, it was finally decided to reactivate Dragon's Claws, who were not told the real reasons for hunting down other ex-Game teams. After the Evil Dead broke into the Halsworth Armoury, N.U.R.S.E. ordered Dragon's Claws to eliminate them, resulting in deaths of three of the five Evil Dead members.
For the next assignment, N.U.R.S.E. sent the Claws to Channel City, where a small army of teams under the command of the High Father established their own laws. The operation was televised and broadcast all over the country. However, when Stenson realized that the High Father is none other than Starick, Stenson ordered to kill the broadcast immediately.
- 5 National Union of Retired Sports Experts (Earth-5555) Members
- 8 Appearances of National Union of Retired Sports Experts (Earth-5555)
- Minor Appearances of National Union of Retired Sports Experts (Earth-5555)
- 2 Media National Union of Retired Sports Experts (Earth-5555) was Mentioned in
- Images that include National Union of Retired Sports Experts (Earth-5555)
- Team Gallery: National Union of Retired Sports Experts (Earth-5555)